How to make it up to my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyleapa

Reaction score
I was using this brush vacuum attachment to groom my bunny Cleo because she's been shedding a lot. But when I finished, I realized that I had actually pulled out her loose fur and created bald spots, as well as making her fur extremely thin so that you could see the red underneath. I've been crying everytime I see her and I feel soo bad. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything, just that she's kind of sensitive when I touch the kind of bald stuff. What can I do to make it up to her? Help her grow her fur back? Please help I feel so terrible.

I'm kinda surprised your rabbit let you get a vacuum cleaner near her - mine have always been terrified of the noise...
Rabbit's skin is really sensitive, even furminator brushes are often considered to aggressive for them. I use a soft baby brush or just pet mine with slightly wet hands to remove loose hair. You can't do anything to make the hair grow back, except give a healthy diet (which I suppose you already do). It might take a while.
Still I find it a bit weird that a vacuum could pull healthy hair of your rabbit, especially with her not reacting. I mean, if I tug lightly on a strand of hair of one of my rabbits they will run away from me and show their displeasure. Did you vacuumed her before or was it the first time you did this? I would keep an eye on the skin to make sure there is not an underlying skin condition, like Watermelons said (if there is like flacky skin or crusts it might be a parasite or a fungal infection).

Give her some treats and pet her and talk to her and she will forgive you. I have jersey woollies and I have to brush and clip hair a lot to make sure they don't get wool block... I even have to clip fur around their back end and they hate that. Getting out all the loose hair just has to be done for health reasons because they can get fly strike and blockages— so try not to feel bad about it, at least you know she won't be swallowing any of that fur and that keeps her healthy.

Latest posts

Back