Alternative to NIC Condo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BouncingBunniez

Reaction score
Hi everybunny,
I'mm looking for an alternative because New Zealand has no NIC grids.
If you have ideas - maybe even photos
I am open.

I heard wire shelfs were good? 101rabbit uses them
DSCN1315.JPG

Maybe even a local rabbit condo supplier if you guys know any
BA500.jpg

I'll even look into get a xpen but I would really like for my rabbits to have some height.
MSS9Q1V.jpg

An ideal setup for me would be a large xpen run attached to condo or dog crate. we plenty of levels and such.
Something like this:
Housing3.jpg

or this
search

My room is small and it would need to fit a small room if you have any ideas on that please let me know.

I have two bunnies

George Washington - 4 years - Flemish giant, lop mixed
Marmalade - 1-3years (adopted) - NZ White cross

Thank you!

If you use an x-pen, you can add height by putting a large-ish box inside. They can hop on top of it and it can double as a hidey area underneath (just have doorways cut out).

If you have anything with height in an x-pen (like the box), be sure it is up against a solid wall and away from the x-pen sides. Otherwise, it just becomes a convenient escape step out of the enclosure!

If you use an x-pen, you can add height by putting a large-ish box inside. They can hop on top of it and it can double as a hidey area underneath (just have doorways cut out).

If you have anything with height in an x-pen (like the box), be sure it is up against a solid wall and away from the x-pen sides. Otherwise, it just becomes a convenient escape step out of the enclosure!

Thank you!

I use to use a large dog kennel (think for great dane), and I added onto it with baby gates. You can also buy at local farm stores cheap fencing intend for chickens in a garden- pretty much a wood frame with chicken wire. As long as there are no points to it, it's pretty easy to use.

Latest posts

Back