sister rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekygirls

Reaction score
i have a female and male lionheads, they had alitter of two females who are now 8 month old. They have lived in thesame cage since leaving their mother, they have recently started tomount eachother and one seems to dominate the other. i recently boughta new male rabbit but when i introduced him to one of the females shewent to attack him, how will i go about getting the females to take tothe new male?

It's hard to answer that question without knowingif these bunnies are altered. If they aren't then it would be nearimpossible to bond them so they can live together. What is the age ofthe buck you are introducing? Sounds like your girls are just becomingmature and decided how the hierarchy will go, this would be a difficulttime to interrupt their hierarchy with a new bun.

There is a link on the Cheat Sheet for rabbit care that is stickied tothe top of this forum for bonding bunnies. Once you have taken a lookat that we do have a few members who have successfully bonded threebunnies together of different sexes although they were all alteredbefore attempting to bond them.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Fergi's mom

Hey,I'm new.Anyway,your rabs can be friends! All of thisfighting and dominance is probably caused by the territory you let yourrabs in. If you put them in the tub or some other neutralterritory where you can wach them closely they might get along witheach other. They are too preoccupied with trying toget out that they don't fight. When you think they have hadenough tub time,go slow and put them where they used tofight. But do this when they have been in the tub for atleast 2 days! Anyway, if they fight again, go straight backto the tub. If they do not fight, then problemsolved! Repeat the process until they are comfortable aroundeach other. Hope all goes well!! Good luck!!:)

Ally (lovrabs)

do rabbits have a mating game? i let my male andfemale out, but all the female does is have the male chase her roundthe garden. Do they have a certain time for mating? They have had alitter of two, but that was totallyunexpected.:?

kerry.

When my female and male are together they chaseeach other... but they really never stop. They run around in circlesover and over and over again. And then they both get tired and flopdown next to each other.

my female does not let the male near her, yetthey had babies last year. Would it be easier to take her to his cagefor them to mate ornot.kerry.:?

Hi CheekyGirls

Welcome to the forum. I can't offer much breeding adviceas I've never bred, but I just wanted to tell you that you'redefinitely in the right place here. This forum is a mine ofinformation on all rabbit related matters and there are so many expertshere that I hope you keep coming back.

Welcome again,

Rebecca

Latest posts

Back