Sad News - God Has A New Angel Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunOne2

Reaction score
My friend in upper NY State (who is also a memberof this forum (sfritzp)) just emailed me that his Checkers passed awayearlier this morning in his arms. She had a bad case of Pasturella whenhe adopted her and he has helped her fight it for last last four years.I met my friend when my Bugs passed away about four years ago. Heencouraged me to seek out another bun who needed my love and care ...that's when I adopted Harley ... you might recall that I asked thisforum and its members to help me when he got sick earlier this month.You not only came to my rescue (emotionally) but you rescued him(physically) and I will never forget that.

He is doing fine ... his blood work is fine ... but, I feel bad talkingabout my bun's good health when I know my NY friend is suffering rightnow. I know he has given her over to God and God now has his newestAngel Bun, but when these innocent creatures pass out of lives, theyleave an enormous hole in our hearts and lives. He has adopted fourbuns and Checkers was his third ... she leaves behind the newest familymember, Nickie.

Please take a moment this morning and say a prayer for my friend ...his loss ... and ask God to grant him the courage to go on from here.

(tears)

Joyce

That is so sad to hear. Your friend did all thecould for her, which took a lot of love and courage if you ask me.Fighting an illness is such a tough battle, Checkers doesn't have tofight any more and can be whole and healthy over the Rainbow bridge. Mydeepest condolences to sfritzp during this sad time.

Fergi's mom

Will stop right now and say a prayer.Will be thinking of your friend and Checkers a lot today. Ifhe's not familiar with The Rainbow Bridge Poem, please be sure todirect him toit.http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to your friend, blessyour heart forhelping him byposting this.

-Carolyn

I am so sorry. I lost my dear Athenaalmost a year ago. I know how truly hard it can be. My heart andthoughts go out to your friend during this most difficult time. Athenaand so many others were there to meet Checkers. I'm going to cry, sorry.

Tina

I am so sorry to hear about Checker's passing. Ilost one of my baby buns earlier this week, so I'm sure they'll be ableto keep each other company.

Please let sfritzp know that we are keeping him, Checkers, and theremaining bun Nickie in our prayers, hearts, and thoughts. I wish thatthere were words of comfort that I could say that would make everythingbetter, but I know that there isnt.

On a side note, I did a portrait of his dearly departed Muggs for him,but I havent seen him on the board for awhile. If you could tell himthat the memorial to his beloved muggs is done, it might give him alittle bit of comfort. Now I'll need to do one of Checkers too.....

I'm so sorry. I remember your Harley and howsfritzp came on here to check out the help situation. I shalldefinitely be saying a prayer for him and for his dear Checkers.

With love

Kate

I'm sosorry... It's just awful when someone you love so much passeson. Fighting Pasturella for four years is most definitelysomething to be proud of though! Poor Checkers. Mayshe finally find some peace.

--Melissa and Umbra

Thank you BunOne - and thank you ALL. I have always said there are no people like RABBIT People!
My Checkers was special - but aren't all buns?
She was a fighter. The first 2 years of her life were spent in anoutdoor hutch in the blazing heat and the sub zero cold in the summerand winter in a central NY State town. She was fed table scraps, andwhen she developed snuffles it went unchecked for God only knows howlong. The Upstate NY HRS rescued her - actually stole her out of thehutch at night when the 'owner' refused to give her up or get her themedical attention she needed. She spent the next 1.5 years in a fosterhome battling pasturella. I saw her pic on the HRS adoption site inOctober of 2000, and knew I had to have her. She was medically clearedto be adopted in Jan 2001, and she came into my life - 'The Princess' Icalled her! Because she seemed to know that now she had it made with aRabbit Slave that would do her every bidding!
It's been rough at times, but she had done much better then wasbelieved possible. I thank God she went quickly and peacefully, as Ialways feared that she would suffer more then she already had. She hadenough suffering for a lifetime. She had a good and happy life thesepast 4 years, and my life was enriched by this furry angel. I envisionher now with lungs that are clear and unscared, able to breath deeplywithout a wheeze. She, Muggs, and VW Rabbit will be meeting me at thatbridge, and I am going to be wet with bunny kisses! And I won't evenwipe them off...
Thank you all so - Your prayers and kindness mean so much. Much more then you know.

I thought about this poor guy all day yesterday. Please send my regards to sfritzp, Joyce.

-Carolyn

sfritzp,

I came on the board to skim the posts and to reply to you. When I wrotethe last message, I didn't scroll down the thread and see that you hadstopped in and told us a bit about Checkers and posted her picture.What a beautiful Babe, and so lucky to have fallen into your lovinghome during her brief visit here on earth.

I know it's really hard, and I just want you to know that I couldn'tstop thinking about you yesterday. It's comforting to know you havefriends like Joyce watching out for you.

I'm so very sorry. I hope that eventually you get another rabbit because you've got so much love to give.

With Sympathy,
-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back