Bonding Bunnies Advise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
I have 2 bunnies. Bentley is a 3yr old mini Rex male (pretty laid back) and Harper is a 5 month old lion head mix (not too rowdy but a bit rambunctious but for the most part laid back), Bentley has been neutered for almost 2 years and Harper was done last week. When can I start introducing them to each other and any one have tips on the bonding of 2 males or adult and baby?

View attachment 1471243983268.jpg

View attachment 1471244004593.jpg

You need to give it a while. First off, it takes a while for the hormones to wind down. My vet suggested 8 weeks. Typically, babies and adults don't get on too well, until the baby grows up a bit...

Hopefully someone who has experience with that chimes in. :)

Waiting 6-8 weeks for the hormones to settle down is right.
Bonding an adult and a 'baby' is not a problem as long as they are both old enough to have been neutered. On the other hand, two boys is not an easy pairing, it might have been advisable to take a girl as a second rabbit - maybe you'll get lucky but there is a risk that they won't get along (or get along but end up fighting some months from now). If it works, you'll have to keep an eye on them as that kind of pairing is not always stable and the submissive one might decide to become boss suddenly at any point of the relationship (the working male pairings I know have random fights with sometimes a reversal in the hierarchy). If you haven't already, I suggest you read all those articles to prepare the bonding process:
http://rabbit.org/category/behavior/multiple-rabbits/
Good luck!

Bonding an adult and a 'baby' is not a problem as long as they are both old enough to have been neutered. On the other hand, two boys is not an easy pairing, it might have been advisable to take a girl as a second rabbit - maybe you'll get lucky but there is a risk that they won't get along (or get along but end up fighting some months from now). If it works, you'll have to keep an eye on them as that kind of pairing is not always stable and the submissive one might decide to become boss suddenly at any point of the relationship (the working male pairings I know have random fights with sometimes a reversal in the hierarchy). If you haven't already, I suggest you read all those articles to prepare the bonding process:
Good luck!

My full intention was to do a male/female pair when I bought my second. The woman who sold him to me said it was defiantly a girl, then when I took him to the vet to again be check they too told me he was 100% a girl also. Then when I took him to be "spayed" they called me just as they started because she was in fact a he. So now I have 2 boys, and really hoping they like each other.

Good luck!

My full intention was to do a male/female pair when I bought my second. The woman who sold him to me said it was defiantly a girl, then when I took him to the vet to again be check they too told me he was 100% a girl also. Then when I took him to be "spayed" they called me just as they started because she was in fact a he. So now I have 2 boys, and really hoping they like each other.

Latest posts

Back