Bonding with Marlin and Morgan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I decided that since Marlin and Morgan can play together in the animal room for about an hour together without a little tiffy fight...then I would try to bond them in the dining room in a pen. I will put them away in their cages when I am not home, but they will be out all night together (I'll sleep on the couch) and all day tomorrow.

Marlin is very "flighty" and can never relax, while Morgan is super laid back and relaxed all the time....so I am hoping Marlin can learn to chill out and be a laid back bunny with Morgan.

3623828818_16e3c02d6e.jpg

I am hoping they will get along. I have never tried when I am doing right now...but I have been wanting to do it for a while now and I will be very disappointed if it doesn't work out. I just want them to bond and if this doesn't work...I'll probably go back into one of my "give up" modes :rollseyes.

45 minutes and all is well :biggrin2:. Morgan is flopped out around his veggie dish, while Marlin is sitting next to him all hyped up. I wish he would just relax. Does anyone else have a problem with "flighty" (not skittish) Lionheads?

Ryan should be home soon, we are going out to dinner, so should probably put the buns away until we get back...I don't want a fight to happen, just in case.

Well, I put the bunnies away last night before we went to dinner and kept them in their own cages until this morning. I didn't feel like sleeping on the uncomfy couch :p.

So, they were together yesterday with no scuffles or anything for 3 hours. Now today they have been together for a good solid 5 hours. They have been sitting in the litter box together eating hay, grooming, and just doing what bunnies do. Morgan has flopped out next to Marlin a few times, but Marlin has not flopped out yet.

So, if all is still well when I go to bed later (around 10pm, but it's only 2pm now), then should I leave them in the dining room together over night and tomorrow while I am working? Ryan is terrified that if we leave them alone together unsupervised, that we will come home to a hurt or dead bunny. I don't think so, though, not with how well they are doing.

Most likely if there were going to be problems, that would have happened already.. but I would (being extra cautious) give it another day or so with them together all day with someone around who's awake just to make sure.

When I was bonding the trio (which only took a week from first intro of Jasmine to living together) I probably could have bonded them in a day since there was absolutely no even hint of a possible problem or aggression, but I wanted to make sure how the dynamics would of worked. Then I just let them free roam in my room at night so I was right there if there was any fighting. Then after that went well, I moved them in together.

Thank you. I put them away last night and will just bring them back out again today after work. Full days are hard for me to be around, because I work Monday - Friday...but I will bring them out every day after work until I go to bed. Hopefully I can reserve Sunday's as full days.

:)

undergunfire wrote:
Thank you. I put them away last night and will just bring them back out again today after work. Full days are hard for me to be around, because I work Monday - Friday...but I will bring them out every day after work until I go to bed. Hopefully I can reserve Sunday's as full days.

That is what we did! For Elvis and Teresa.

JadeIcing wrote:
undergunfire wrote:

That is what we did! For Elvis and Teresa.
Yaaay! I am glad to hear it worked, then :biggrin2:!

I can't do bonding tonight :(. I fed Sammy some extra doggie food last night to empty the bag....and now he has "the runs", so he is in their bonding pen for the night. I didn't think he'd get the runs from a bit extra dog food.

Spring wrote:
How's it working out? :)

Hope Sammy is feeling better too! Poor pup.

I haven't had the time or energy to put them together again :ph34r2. Hopefully I can work on it more this weekend. It's just pretty hard to do it during the week.

Sam is just fine, he had rice for dinner and breakfast the other night/day...so he is back to normal!

Rice saves the day! :D

I know the feeling, been trying to get motivated to try one last kick at the can with bonding Pebbles/Georgie.. so wish there was an "easy" button for bonding. They're at the point where they can be together without totally wanting to kill each other. Still don't trust each other.. so a lot of nippiness going on (which is more irritating than outright fighting to me- silly sneaky nips with no cause or reason!)

Good luck.. and can't wait to see more pictures of the boys!

Latest posts

Back