If I spay my 2 female rabbits will they bond again,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs_Priss

Reaction score
I have two female rabbits. 1 is 1 1/2 years old the other I got her 4 months later so she is 1 yr 2 months old. They bonded very quickly and shared a space/room together. I had to separate them about 3-4 months ago. They were chasing each other in the night time. So now I have to different spaces for them. And alternate letting them out through out the day. They were mostly free roam. But now for the youngest one. She is getting really messy. Peeing everywhere and tossing poop around. I need to travel 2 hrs to get them fixed. Took me a while up find a vet close enough and who will fix them. Can they establish a bond again?

It is definitely possible. Getting them spayed increases their chances for a successful bond. Just know that there is never any guarantee when it comes to bonding. Ultimately, it will be up to the individual rabbits as to whether or not they will bond.

By getting them both spayed, they are more likely to bond. Just read up on bonding procedure/suggestions before getting started on the bonding process.

There is never any guarantee when it comes to bonding but I think it's worth a try. It will definitely help with the mess and drastically increase their chance to live long cancer-free lives anyway...

Latest posts

Back