Stuffed animals........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I was reading in other posts some people givethere bunnies "stuffed" bunnies or other stuffed animals to playwith.Do any of you leave them in the cage w/ there bunniesand if so arent you afraid they will chew them and eat the stuffing? Iwas just courious :)

Hi Newmommieof4,

I do leave Tucker's stuffed animals in his cage with him. I make surethey don't have anything that can be bitten off. He doesn't chew themat all. I also have wood in his cage, and he always has hay so he seemsto know what's good to chew and what doesn't give much satisfaction.

He has a favorite stuffed animal. It's a smiley face with little armsand legs and a bow. He's loved it since the day I put it in his cage.He grooms Ms. Smiley and uses her as a pillow. He'll toss her around abit, but it's more to get her where he wants her than getting mad ather. He's got his slinkly and his bunny teething ring for tossing! :)

He's never torn apart any stuffed animal I've ever given him.

-Carolyn

Mine also keep there stuffed toys with them. Minemostly have fish because I get those terry stuffed animals for kids inthe bath tub so I can wash them when left in the litter box. Mine lovethose slinkys too. Some seem to take out frustration on them.

"Mine love slinkys too. Some seem to take out their frustrations on them."

I hear that, Bunty!! *laughs* It's funny isn't it?

Wasn't one of your rabbits the one that gave birth to a fish (after a false pregnancy)? That was the cutest story!

-Carolyn

Friends of ours have a French Lop show bunny,Princess Leah, who has her own stuffed animal, a cartoonishmoose that is just about as large as she is in size.

As a young house bunny, Leah, would sneak into one of the daughters'room, and drag "Moosie" off the bed and down to her cage. Sheand "Moosie" became inseparable, so much so, that if "Moosie" was notat a show in which Leah was supposed to participate in, Leahwould throw a hissy fit, thump, box and nip anyone andeveryone, until she got her "Moosie."

Laura said it is a scream to see Leah and "Moosie" jammed into atraveler cage, because the moose takes up so much space. Leahwould not have it any other way. We have experienced her interactionwith "Moosie" on those occasions that we have "bunny sat" for ourfriends' 28 rabbits.

Buck

I was hoping you'd tell that story, Buck!

-Carolyn

Good morning. I've been busy at work the past few days so I haven't had much internet time.

My Baby loves her stuffed animal. It alwaysstays in her cage. It's a little red Elmo. Shenever chews it. Just lays on it and moves her around fromtime to time. Last night I let her in our spare bedroom toexplore. She found a little stuffed teddy bear and a stuffedpink dog. She seemed to like the teddy bear better.

batman has a stuffed miniaturecarebear in his cage, he pretty much ignores it though...every once inawhile itll move to another part of his mansion but ive never seen hissnuggle or play with it.

I have never given my rabbits stuffed toys to playwith. Reading all your comments though i think i might give my threerabbits a toy of some sought to play with.

Catherine x :D

none of my guys take a stuffed toy to their cagewith them, as some i know would chew them to peices and others wouldtoss them in the litter box, and i have enough laundry to do without 33bunny stuffed toys added (thats 1 stuffy for each bun) however they doget to lay with stuff toys when they are out to play. some ignore them,some toss them, depnds on the bun. one my buns his fav toy in a smallorange bucket that he loves to go inside of and push around the floor.

They do however had wood and metal toys in their houses, and someplastic toys. I find theese much easier to clean should they land inthe litter box, plus no worries about them eatin them.

We have a little white bun and my husband got hera rather large caterpillar which she drags around with her. It is twiceher size and she will grunt and box if you touch the thing

My bunny acquired a stuffedrabbit when he started to "mature"

I know, I know.... But it helps keep him from getting too frustrated, if you know what I mean.

He doesn't chew it apart or anything. He does bite it when he feels most "loving" towards it...

Okay, sorry guys... :p

Oreo has a lil stuffed bunny that squeaks when yousqueeze it and also has a pocket underneath to put a treat in. I don'tleave it in her cage though, she's sometimes got a habbit of pushingher toys around and them landing in her bathroom corner. Whenever she'sout for playtime I put it in her pen for her and she'll rub her chin onit and push it around, sometime put her nose under it and flip itupside down lol :D

~pam

Latest posts

Back