Adopted : Two un-neutered males. Housing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilystrange

Reaction score
Hello.

just signed up as i've adopted two rabbits over the weekend, i have seperate housing arranged at the moment,
but i am wondering whether i could keep them in a 4ft double hutch, one upstairs and one downstairs?

one is an older larger rabbit and the other is 8 months ish and smaller.
the previous owner tried to "bond" them...

No idea if you could, but I know I wouldn't do this. It would most likely stress them out! I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. But I know with my 2 unaltered Males, even when they are near each other they start to freak out and get antsy! So I am sure it would be best just to keep them separate :) Orrr get them fixed!

We have unaltered bucks in cages next to each other and we have no problem. They don't have a common wire but are about 8-10" away from each other...sort of like see but not touch. If there is a ramp between the floors you'd need to close it off, and set it up so that the poop/pee from the upper rabbit won't fall through to the lower floor. How big are the rabbits?

Any chance you could get them neutered? They will be fine in separate cages. just make sure the cage doors are very secure as I had 2 males a long time ago that learned to kick the cage doors open. I just got my 2 neutered males bonded together and they are much happier. lol.

No it is not a good idea I have un-neutered bucks in next to each other and the one if I open up the cage lid he will jump out on to my other males cage and they will fight thru the cages biting and hurting each other, they have known each other since babies too.

Back