Sport pet Maze Cube

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callaway

Reaction score
Hello all.. Callaway has a connecting cube for his tunnel to use as a hide away. He does not like to sit in it. Lately he was been moving it all over the place and nudging it like nobody's business. While sitting on the couch today, I noticed some what looked like light spots. I got up and examined the cube and the little mister has chewed holes into the cube. It's 85% polypropylene, 10% spring steel, and 5% Polyester. Should I get rid of the cube or is it okay for him to chew on it? He has never had an issue with chewing things before. When we first got him he nibbled wires but that hasn't happened for a good 7-8 months.

Im not sure if he is ingesting it. I dont see any bits on the carpet but I may have vacuumed it up if he wasnt. I just saw it today. but the picture is attached, what do you think?

callaway9.jpg

sport pet, you said? are you talking about these things from the cat department? http://www.walmart.com/ip/23597716

if so, I have like half a dozen of them in the bunny pen... my bunnies have freaking WRECKED a lot of them. I mean seriously, yours looks like "perfect condition" compared to what my girls have done. they're still alive and haven't had any bouts of stasis or anything, so I figure it's safe :p (I do inspect pretty frequently to make sure they're not getting at the wire supports, though, as I wouldn't want one to pop loose and injure a bunny)

Haha, yep.. that exactly. I'll keep an eye on it. I just wasnt sure if it was harmful if ingested. Ive never seen him doing it so I wasnt sure. Just moving it around like a mad man. Pretty silly to see. Not sure if the video will work since its on my FB and with the security settings... But here he is doing it... with my fiance as commentator...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=595723777122632" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I've given him a box to play with and he has spent more time in it than the cube! He loves it! We don't get phone books in my area so can any paper do? Or is there some inks that would be bad for rabbits to ingest if they do?

Latest posts

Back