Soft small poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiecrna

Reaction score
So as usually when I woke up I let my bunny out. A few hours later I noticed a soft cecotrope poop, which is unusual for her because I never see them because she always eats them. Then I saw a couple small soft poops. She had a lot of normal size poop as well. I went to pet her, and she had a soft poop stuck in her fur (first time this happened). So I freaked out, picked her up, and put her on a table to inspect her and she seemed fine otherwise. No other poop stuck on her. I brushed her good. And put her back.

So nothing in her diet has changed except for a few bites of banana which I am stopping now. I am going to keep a close eye on her and limit her pellets more and hold off on veggies to increase her hay intake and see if the poop situation improves. Her personality hasn't changed.

Any thing else I can do?

We have one female bun who doesn't always eat her soft cecotropes, and occasionally we will find them smashed or laying around. Our rabbit savvy vet says this happens sometimes, and what we try to do is remove them in her cage and put them in her litter box so she will hopefully eat them later. If they are smashed, or stuck on her fur, we just remove them and throw them away. Is she overweight? This was our rabbit's problem. She couldn't get down there to get them sometimes, but since she is losing weight, she is getting much better. I don't think it is cause for alarm just yet, and I wouldn't change her food yet. It wasn't diarrhea - right? Just the soft cecotropes, not liquidy? Could have just been stuck in her fur and she didn't know they were there. She is acting normal, just as active as she was, and not acting like she is in any pain? If so, I would wait it out to see if it happens again.

Latest posts

Back