Wwyd?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy_Buns

Reaction score
My two buns have outside pens the larger one has a 3'x3' pen and the smaller one has a 2'x3' pen.

I move it every 8-10 hours because they eat all the grass in the pen during that time (it's very over grown). They are shaded, but I've noticed they've not been drinking as much water and won't touch their food.

Would you take them out of the grass and put them somewhere where they have no choice, but to eat the food or let them be. They're active and happy in the grass and it's not chemically treated or anything and there is lots of dandelions and mixed vegetation.

if you are going too let them fill on grass it's no wonder they aren't interested in eating their pellets OR drinking their water. :)

So you need to make a decision ... let them fill up on grass and overtime decide they won't eat their pellets, or limit their grass intake and have them eat their pellets too. Personally I think balance is a better choice, but your mileage may vary.

I would be careful spending too much time out in the gardens. I have friends who brought home some ear mites from their garden run. Those nasty things can be tough to get rid off.

Latest posts

Back