Wet sheen on poop balls?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyMiyo

Reaction score
hi guys it's miyo's adopted mum again, from the conspiracy thread.

the past couple of days i've been cleaning up her poos after letting them build up for couple hours or so, i don't have a cage for her yet so they're all over my apartment. they looked fairly normal.

today i was petting her when she dropped some fresh poo. i immediately noticed that they looked wet. they're not soft and mushy, they're dark, hard, solid and round, but they've got a weird glossy sheen of wetness over them which comes off on my fingers. pictures of healthy fresh poo i find on the net don't have that, is it normal?

she's been drinking heaps of water, i assume because she's such a sprayer. does it cause poo to be wet as well, or is something wrong?

thanks!

It's normal for poo to be a little bit damp when fresh, but I've never seen an actual sheen of wetness on my buns' fresh poos..

yes that's what i mean...it seems odd to me, i can't find anything online about rabbit poos coming out covered in wet slime...

It is normal to have some shiny coating around the fresh poop but not too much. It would be a great help if you could take a picture and post it here

Latest posts

Back