Change in temperament?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
:bunnybutt:
My baby Cotton (she's 4 but I still call her a baby haha) has been acting different lately, normally she's always by my side or on one of her two carpets, and when I say "Come for a visit" she'd hop up next to me and fall asleep. This past month has been totally different? She gets squirmy if I try to pick her up (which is incredibly unusual for her) and refuses to stay on the couch we always sit on together? Meanwhile, she's been going to parts of the house she never goes and causing a ruckus. She digs and chews at one of the chair's cushions whenever nobody is around, a place she never payed much attention to before, and I don't know if this is related, but she has been falling asleep and getting her cecotropes smashed on her tail more often

It's possible that she has some sort of health issue causing her to not feel well, and so she is acting out. Does she have soft poop stuck to her bum very often? That can indicate a digestive problem, often due to a problem with something in the diet. Have you noticed any other odd behavior or something that might indicate that she is in pain or uncomfortable? Another possibility is hormonal behavior if she is unspayed, though I don't know why it would happen at her age.

Update: I am relieved that it was just a false pregnancy. She nested the next day and now she's back to cuddling with me. Her poops aren't wet anymore, but tehy are strung together, I'm hoping that goes away soon and it's just from whatever fur she accidentally swallowed while making her nest or something

I'm glad everything turned out okay. :) What a relief!

I've find Ash's poop strung together once in a while. I think its just from his fur when he grooms himself though. If she continues having poops strung together for a long time I'd call a vet,

Last edited:
As much as she hates it, I always check her parts to make sure there isn't any blockage or inflammation. If I recall from what I've read correctly, it seems that the most common problems with rabbits are in their digestive system, so I want to catch any signs if things aren't moving along. One time my mom's boyfriend, without consulting me or looking it up, started giving Cotton broccoli, and she had a short-lived GI stasis and that was absolutely terrifying for me. I think giving her intestinal massages and monitoring her poop at that point in time helped save her.

I know I'm not the only bunny mom around here that sheds a tear and freaks out at the slightest sign of a problem! I love my baby girl

Latest posts

Back