I am a bunny toilet.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Reaction score
One of my buns finds my lap to be an excellent place to pee. He normally climbs all over me any way he can like I'm a piece of furniture, but I like to let him do this because awesome cuddle time! Less awesome is when he hops into my lap and snuggles his bum right up to me like he wants a cuddle, and proceeds to empty his bladder all over my crotch.

Many loads of laundry later, this is becoming less adorable and more vewy vewy naughty.

Why does he do this? It can't be marking, as I presumably don't smell like his old pee all the time. (I hope not. I shower every day.) How do I discourage this behaviour without keeping him off my lap entirely?

Edit: I do say a loud "NO" and shoo him off my lap when he does this, but he's a tough nut and don't give no ****. Two days later he's peeing on me triumphantly again. I should note that he never pees on anyone else. I'm his designated pee station.

Last edited:
First this: :rofl:

Second, I would simply not allow him on your lap for a while. Try keeping him off for a month or so to break the habit, then try again. If he does it after that I would try waiting for a longer period. Since he does it so often and so persistently you probably just need to deny him the opportunity for a while to break the association of lap= litter box. Is this a young rabbit? Is he neutered? Those could be factors as well.

Normal laundry detergent is not meant for animal urine, so you could also try buying some Nature's Miracle or a similar product and soaking the areas that he has peed with it to make sure that there is no residue. It comes in large jugs too; you may just want to buy some, fill a sink or something with it, and soak small loads of bunny-marked clothes at a time. It is supposed to completely rid carpet/fabric of the enzymes and pheromones in urine that are left behind by normal cleaners. After soaking you could toss them in the wash for a normal cleaning and that should get rid of any traces of his scent that he could be smelling. :)

Thanks, I'll try that. He pees on me relentlessly even when I wear clothes he's never peed on before though... must be something about my face. I don't know. He's too young to be neutered, hopefully it'll stop when he's fixed. Boyfriend thinks he's marking me as his property, that brazen little scalawag. Pfft. At least take me out to dinner first.

Latest posts

Back