Goodbye my little Girl Nikki

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another sad day for us--just took Nikki, our avatar bunny into the vets to have her checked out. The news was not very good--she has a bad heart murmur, stones in her bladder and she's lost a lot of weight and was not eating like she used to. She's been blind and deaf for a few years now too, but she always got around the house fine so that did not matter to us. The vet said the best thing to do is to euthanize and we have to agree, no matter how much it hurts. She's been a part of our family since Feb in 2006 and had provided us with many great moments like all of our other rescues. I probably shouldn't have put this off for so long but she was still getting around and loved to eat her veggies even though she looks a lot older than she is. Looked older than Bambi who just turned 16 in July. Some are with us for a long time, but none are with us forever, except in our heart and mind. Goodbye my little angel, rest in peace and binky free.:bunnyangel:

Aww no, I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss of Nikki. She had such a wonderful long life with you and was such an icon of this forum in your avatar pic for the past years. Rest in peace, Nikki.

You were such a small little bundle of joy when I brought you home--less than a pound--and you'd get into and under everything. Sure do miss you and I still admire you're ability to sleep--you were either that or trying to get into and behind everything. You are truly special.

Nikki is beautiful and iso sorry for your loss.
I lost my Dixie last December. She was also blind and had a heart problem.it is a very hard decision to send her over the bridge but I know you made the right decision.
Have fun with all the beautiful bunnies over the bridge Nikki

Latest posts

Back