My Smart Car Review

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
It's a joke, it has to be.. it is !
Smart cars, their pathetic excuses for cars, their more like those little cars you buy for 5 year olds ..

Starting at a whopping 14,000 this toy car comes equipt with a whole two seats, (lykomg!) and a hatch-back trunk to fit a whole 2liter bottle of pepsi.. amazing !

bluesmartcarJPG.jpg

This toy has even got upgraded... a CONVERTABLE.
Like common guys.. can't get any more unimgainative then a flowerbox on wheels .. turned into a beach pail.

2008_smart_fortwo_passion_cabrio_top.jpg

Not only are they embaressing on themselves.. but you actually get to drive off the highway screaming ' WHERES THE CLOSEST PLUG-OUTLET '

Now, some idiot also upgraded it even more.. it's a discace to monster trucks and heck, any vehicle.

bigsmart.jpg

So, if you want to have absolutly no support for any accidents you may somehow wedge yourself into with this put-put, and want your life insurance to go sky high, AND not be able to ever buy groceries, this car is for you. ;)[/b]

LOL! I've never been in one, but they have to be the ugliest things I've ever seen. Hubby and I have often commented on the safety factor if they were ever in an accident. Good grief....how many rabbits could I possibly transport in that thing.

I've seen little ones like the one in that link at the Peterson Auto Museum here in LA.

The smart cars have been popular in Europe for a long time. Personally, I'm glad they're selling them here now. My dad was looking into one, but right now there's still a waiting list to get one from a dealer so unless you want to pay a huge markup on them, you can't get one.

Our next door neighbour's daughter has one and it's that small that if there is limited parking on our street she'll park it not parallel to the pavement like everyone else but sideways, so that the back of the car is next to the pavement, she likes to wedge it in to that small gaps, that other people can't get their cars out lol!

I think Smart's are cute!

I think my friend in San Francisco needs one of those. She sometimes has trouble getting groceries home or her cat to the vet on the bus, but the Smart would be perfect for her!

As for safety.....If they weren't safe, they wouldn't be on the road. The only problem I could see would be if they tangled with a giant SUV. (I think THOSE shouldn't be on the road! I've seen people in H2's run over curbs in parking lots, then get out and say "oh, I didn't even notice it." A girl I used to work with backed into another car in the work parking lot, then drove off without even getting out to look.)

I've always preferred driving smaller cars. SUV's are obnoxious to me. The Smart Car may be a little too small for my tastes, though. The General Manager of the hotel I work for, drives one, and she named it "Giggles". :D

JimD wrote:
BethM wrote:
JimD wrote:
BethM wrote:
If the Smart got better gas mileage than what I drive now, I would probably trade.
whatcha drivin' ?
'07 Prius.
Cool!
I could never afford a new one, but I got mine used in February of this year. I've saved a ton of money on gas. :)

My husband drives an '08 Honda Fit, and he gets slightly better than the EPA's estimated mpg on the Smart.

slavetoabunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
The Smart Car is certainly interesting....

.... for a real hoot, check out the Tango:coolness:
Oh yeah....break out that $121,000 now!
Wow... looks like the fun-house mirror car... Crazy design!

I gotta be real, I love my 1994 Mazda 323 and my mom's 2003 Volkswagen Golf... Small is great, but clowncar isn't. Have to be able to seat at least 3 :)

Latest posts

Back