Nice-looking indoor rabbit cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't a rabbit cage, but I can't help thinking, wouldn't this make the most GORGEOUS bunny hutch?

MH+Nisi+02.jpg

Or just imagine a pair of bonded buns in one of these armoires:

armoire-plexiglassdoors.jpg

This one evenhas some storage underneath for bunny's food or toys!

potterybarnarmoir.jpg

I am SOnevergoing to be able to look at a piece of furniture again without thinking how it could be customized it into a fabulous bunny home... :p

Rue

Yeah, I really do like that white piece. I'd love to find something like that to customize. Now what is that piece of furniture called? It doesn't really seem like a buffet...

Aren't these furniture pieces a bit too narrow to really comfortably house a rabbit? It is nice that they could run back and forth if it is long but there is still a lack of footprint. The bunny would need a lot of out of cage time to stretch everyday.
I love NIC cages for the size but I know that is definately not nice looking for the OP's situation.

aurora369 wrote:
I have seen a couple of pictures of people converting a nice piece of furniture into a cage. Like a sideboard or a credenza, so it looks exactly like a piece of furniture but it has a bunny inside.

Here is a picture that I found on the internet when looking for some ideas a little while ago. I do not remember where I got this picture from, so unfortunately I cannot give credit to the person who made this cage. But I love this cage and I am going to have my Uncle custom build me some cages that look somewhat like this in the future.

Click to see bigger image.

I believe this a converted piece of furniture and that the cage is in a dedicated bunny room.

-Dawn

Wow! Looks just like my girls' cage! Wonder if the same person built it? We got ours thru Freecycle. This lady's father built it for her. It's actually in 2 pieces and all we had to do wasswitch outthe floors and added pexiglass to the corner where their litter pan is. I love this cage so much, I'm trying to convince hubby to build another one for Baci!

girlscage5.jpg

We also changed the bottom door so the girls has access in and out.

girlscage2.jpg

This is my favorite part, it makes it so much easier to clean the top and refill the food. Their is also a cover which goes over the ramp opening if we need to close off the top.

girlscage3.jpg

girlscage4.jpg

Wow I wish i could do would for storm but he chews wood likes it nobody business.

I was going to get a member to make me some flooring cause storm like cloth floors he does not chew cloth but they never replied when i asked again the second time so i gave up on that.

Although I willl never look at another piece of furniture the same way again either

but I am getting my pet giant cage next week

Thanks Amy. It's 49w X 42h X 26d. The top level is 17h, bottom level is 18h. I'm trying to convince hubby to build another one this summer for Baci.

Rue, this was probably one item I really wanted on Freecycle that I was able to grab before anyone else requested it.

I am drooling over some of these awesome cages! I want to build something for my bonded buns and am hitting Craigslist and thrift stores for old furniture. No luck yet, but I'm so excited about the possibilities!

I'm actually looking for a cage for my guinea pig. Guinea pigs need at least 7.5 square feet for one, 10.5 square feet for two. They need solid floors, not wire, and the sides should have a chicken wire or mesh no more than an inch wide.
Would you make something like that? I'd like it to be attractive for my living room. They can be made multi-level with ramps between levels.

Latest posts

Back