Needing my get my 4 month old bun de-sexed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixTheMiniLop

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have rang 2 vets today and asked how much will it cost my baby girl to get spayed, 1 vet said it will be $336 including oral pain relief to take home with her and the other vet I rang said it will be $220 but that's not including pain relief, they believe that the injection of pain relief believe they leave the vet is enough for them and will last 20-48 hours...
Where I am there are no rabbit-savvy vets so I have to trust these people with my baby.

I have read quite a lot that a bun should be sent home with pain relief, if anyone could give me some answers and point me in the right direction that would be great!

Don't know if this helps but somewhere on another post someone said their rabbit only got the metacam shot that lasts for two days and a moderator did post and said that many believe that can be adequate for rabbits if they don't have any complications from the spay and are eating well the day after.

Hahaha oh my!!!!
I mean DE SEXED! Sorry about that

I fixed it for you :)

$229 sounds ok for a Spay, Bandit's neuter was $100 and spays are always more expensive (often double). Roughly whereabouts do you live? Someone might have a suggestion for a recommended vet, otherwise if there's a rabbit rescue in your state/area, often they have vets they will recommend that they use.

Bandit didn't get sent home with pain relief, just the shot at the vet but he was alright. That being said, it's a less invasive operations for males, you could always ask the cheaper vet if they would send you home with some and how much extra it would cost.

Thanks for both of your replies :)
So it would be fine to go with the $220 vet? Even if they don't send buns home with pain relief..

I live in nsw in Australia and we don't have any shelters of anything close to here. Buns aren't a very popular pet where I live unfortunately.

Just trying to figure out the best one to go with!

Latest posts

Back