Help me! My bunny seems to have developed an attitude problem!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeeegy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some help as I don't know much about bunnies and I can't seem to find the answers to my problem on the internet.
I have had my bunny for 6 months now, he isn't even a year old and he's been nurtured. He has real personality, he is affectionate, well behaved and loves cuddles! But just recently his behaviour is changing and he isn't so well behaved anymore. He sleeps in a cat box right next to me on my night stand (this happened after he'd bee neutered! I wanted to keep an eye on him for the first few nights but after trying to put him back in his cage he ignored me for two days!) anyway a few days ago now he started to grab the front of the cage with his teeth and shake the cage really loudly to the point where he almost caused the cat box to fall off my night stand! He does this every night and morning until he's bored I think or until I rub his head (he loves this and wants his head rubbing all the time!) on top of this he has started to pull my carpet up, I've tried to tell him no and even tapped him on the nose so he knows it's wrong but he doesn't stop! As I'm writing this he is running around on my bed trying to chew the duvet and mattress! These are all things he has never done before up until recently. At first I thought it may be attention seeking but he already has so much attention from us, he gets cuddles before I go to and when I get back from work! He's then let out of his cage to do his own thing and will lie on the sofa next to me while I rub his head for what seems like hours on end. Other than attention seeking I don't know what these new behaviours could mean! Is it his age? Can someone please help me!? Also can I ask, he insists on lying in his litter tray after he has messed in it which means I'm constantly cleaning his feet! What does this mean? Thank you in advance for your help! 🐰

He has what's called a boredom breaker which is a chew toy, he also has other toys that he refuses to play with. As me and my boyfriend both work he's shut up for roughly 8 hours a day but as soon as we get home we let him out of his cage up until we go to bed so he roughly gets 5-6 hours out of his cage.

Well that sounds ok. If he is neutered, have you thought about taking him to your local humane society to meet a potential (spayed) girlfriend? It's often the case that a bonded pair is happier and less bored, therefore less trouble for you!

Perhaps neuter him :) How did you start this thread? I need to ask my own question, where do I go??

I'd love to get him a companion so he has company but if they didn't get along I wouldn't like to have to give one of then up (well that wouldn't even be an option) which means i'd have to separate them, taking up more room with another cage! Room that I don't really have. When I got home this evening I've let him have more run of the house I've also put more toys out for him and played with him and he's so exhausted he's out cold now and not being naughty at all! View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1432247101.053194.jpg this is what I came upstairs to! So fingers crossed if I give him even more attention he'll stop the unusual behaviour!

jacknjill: So you need to go to browse then into pet rabbit discussion, choose a topic from there this will take you to a new page with '...' In the top right hand corner click on this and select new topic and type away 😊

Back