youngest breeding age of flemish

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikamc

Reaction score
All I can find is what age they SHOULD breed at, what I want to know is, what is the YOUNGEST age they will breed at? The concern is with some babies that ended up at a rescue group i work with. The vet they work with who claims to be knowledgeable about bunnies is away for two weeks. the babies are 10 weeks old. Definitely don't need more babies

Ten weeks is possible, but unlikely. Flemish take longer to mature because of their size and that's pretty darn early even for smaller breeds.

cool, thanks:) I offered to take them to a friend of mine for sexing, but if they will really be ok for a couple more weeks I won't stress over it.

12 weeks is normally your stressful period. Although they should still be on the lookout for fighting or overgrooming. Missing hair/bald patches are common with either

so they should definitely get them sexed with in the next week or so?

No, they will be fine, 4 months is about the youngest. Make sure they have enough room! Also maybe you can find a local breeder to come sex them, and separate them in two cages. :)

For FLEMISH giants... you should be fine til 12 weeks old.

After then, separate them.

Youngest known meat breed was 11 weeks WITH a litter under her. Not the most normal, but is quite possible.

IF at a rescue might NOT be flemish...might be a mix. I'd be separating them now. And at 10 week should be REALLY easy to sex. Just flip 'em over an look for burrito (boy) and taco (girl) Put all the girls into a new cage.

If a smaller breed.... divide them into sexes at eight weeks. :)

nope, full flemish. The people were told they had two females...oops! I haven't seen an update about them and since we are interested in adopting one or two, sent a message to the director to see what they found out.

Latest posts

Back