Necessarily 7 months?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Quickie here, I have read on a 'certain site' thatit is not recommended for buns to have fruits or veggies until at least7 months old. How's the jury on this one? (not necessarily as part oftheir diet but perhaps as treats?)

Cher

This is usually recommended when the rabbit hasbeen raised on a pelleted diet. For rabbits that have alwaysbeen raised on greens, they can have them at a very youngage. For bunnies that have never had green feeds, a suddenchange in diet can be fatal.

My friend feeds her Angora young babies parsley and carrots (along witha well balanced diet). They are used to getting these feeds,and the does have always been fed green feeds.

Always make diet changes very slowly so the gut flora has a chance to balance with the new demands of a different food.

Pam

Thank-you Pam. Mine have only been raised onpellets and hay-but have discovered my love of fruit and now I amgetting the "pwwwease Mom" look when I have an apple-I have given thema very small bit (as in the size of a babypinky print) and now I getharrassed ! Since they were not raised on it, from what I understandfrom your post, should I halt any tiny offerings OR going with thelatter in your post -continue butvery slowly and of coursein moderation?

Many breeders raise their bunnies on hay andpellets.i recomend people not feed greens untill 4 months then onlywith a gradual introduction.bluebird

Latest posts

Back