How to keep a bun from eating the harness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
Hi everyone, I am just wondering how I can getBandit to not chew on the harness. I have finally, successfully, gothim in the harness!!!!! Feels like a great achievment. Now I can't gethim to not eat it. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks so much

Adrienne

Maybe try buying some Bitter Apple Spray andspraying your harness with it. He'll take one lick and see how nasty ittastes and will stop! :)

Athena did that too. I used bribery lol. Whenevershe chewed on it I would tell her no. Then whenever I "caught" herbeing good(not chewing) I would give a small piece of dandelion. Overtime her curiousity and her love of dandelions cured her of herproblem. I don't know how well this will work for you but it did helpme. Good Luck!

Tina

Distraction is about the only method I know thatworks, sometimes. Other than that, keep a close eye on thebun at all times.

I would imagine there is a market for a metal harness, say of lightweight chain, for example, that rabbit owners would probablybuy, that is those of us who walk our buns.

I've thought about such a harness, but have done nothing toward thoseends,as I usually carried our bun(s) in the "front pack" I devised,rather than walked them awfully much.

Buck

Ooo not a bad idea,Buck. I could see one made out of necklace-type chain (anything thatwon't snag my hair would be sure not to snag the bun). You should lookinto that; I'd bet it would be marketable.

Buck's got the greatest ideas for everything! Youcould go into the bunny toy/house/accessory making business &be a millionare with all your creative solutions and problem solving!The things you come up with are so much better & more userfriendly then anything they are selling in stores!:D

~pam

Latest posts

Back