Melvin the Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybuns

Reaction score
So I'd like to take a minute to introduce my awesome rabbit Melvin to all you Lagomorph lovers out there.
I found this little fella wondering around a residential neighborhood in Springfield, Oregon last January. He was really shy at first, but once I brought him into my heated house and fed him some veggies, he warmed up to us really quick. I spent some time searching for his family but was unsuccessful, thus I took him into a vet for a check-up and neutering and learned that he was a 9-12 month old mini Rex rabbit in impeccable health.
Today Melvin is pretty spoiled in that we allow him free range in the house 24/7 (but supervised in bedrooms of course) and I'm a year-round gardener so he has unlimited fresh organic veggies daily. Also, since my old man and I don't have kids, Melvin gets all the attention and treats his little heart desires. .
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1416747415.087966.jpg

what a sweet and adorable spoiled lil boy you have there! We have 3 mini rexes myself! Black Jack, SunDancer, and Pepsi (The last two are the 4 H show bunnies, lol!) They are such fun critters!

Yeah, he's a sweetie buns, and ridiculously gregarious. The idea of a big predator picking him up to do anything but cuddle him is a foreign concept in his head...he doesn't get out much. This is what I come home to every day, he stands up on the couch by the front door expecting cuddles and treats, walking right past him is unacceptable!

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1417081334.903506.jpg

Awwww.. Melvin is so cute!!
And you're such a great person! I wish there were more people like you in the world! Thanks to you, Melvin is a happy bunny, instead of prey or living scared in the streets. He seems to be spoiled but he's a good bunny, he deserves all the treats and attention ;)
The best of all is that your beautiful action of rescuing from the street made everybody happy - isn't karma great? Congrats for the handsome, lovely bunny you have, and for the person who you are!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Melvin is adorable! Oh my gosh, post more pics! Haha!

Welcome to the forum ~

😊

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

Thanks y'all!! I had no idea that there was a rabbit lover inside me but Melvin and I are totally made for each other, and I agree...mini rexes are super chill and easy to get along with. This one used to jump into bed with me in the morning and nip at my feet (drove me freaking nuts) but now he hides behind my curtains, patiently waiting for me to get up and feed him.View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1417255457.598249.jpg

Back