4 The Women

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionheadBB

Reaction score
I know you do not "have" to have a baby before getting an IUD but I heard you cramp more. I was wondering if the cramping could be taken away with like Ibuprofen like we use for cramping on our monthly anyway or is it not treatable? Also what other things would I have to worry about when getting this done? I am 19 and I am not looking to have a child definitely anytime soon due to my life style and the age I am. I also have raised everyone else kids in my family plenty enough to take care of my "wanting a child phase" anyway. lol

So I know I definitely want this that way I dont have to worry about it and then when I am ready, I will just have them take it out.

Is there anything else I need to know before talking to my OB though?

Thanks everyone

I think those are probably not the best answer..... my niece told me she's had no luck with them.

Have you thought of DepoProvera shots?

*being the mom of an 18 year old boy*........

The best way to avoid pregnancy is abstinence! :biggrin2:

Depo has to many side effects.

But that does not seem like it would work right either. IUD

I would get the four month birth control yaz. That my option.

I think that they all suit different people differently.

I was on the Depo for a year- I literally ballooned in weight- I went from being a size 10 on good days to a size 16 on good days! :shock: I was also a tearful miserable mess most of the time.

I tried many different pills but after I came off the Depo I had awful problems for a year- I would have the most crippling pains, and not just when I had my periods. I remember doing my exams at uni and I had to keep running out and lying on the floor in the toilets in agony. I tried lots of different versions of the pill but nothing helped, so in the end I went for the Mirena coil. That was after going for numerous scans and tests to find out what was wrong with me- they never found anything. I think it's different to the regular IUD but can't remember how.

That solved all of my problems- no periods, no pain and no mood swings for 5 years! But I found it very very difficult to lose weight, so I had it taken out last year and have lost nearly 2 stone since! :D

I would say just talk to your doctor about what might suit you best. The good thing about the Depo is that if it doesn't suit you, within 3 months it will be gone from your system, where as if the IUD doesn't, it's a little more complicated....

LionheadBB wrote:
I am 19 and I am not looking to have a child definitely anytime soon due to my life style and the age I am. I also have raised everyone else kids in my family plenty enough to take care of my "wanting a child phase" anyway. lol

LOL! Sounds like me. I wanted kids. I did the same as you. Now at 26 almost 27 I still don't want any!

I would agree with Jen, you should talk to your doctor to see what might work best for you. You should be aware that one solution isn't right for everyone, so you may need to try a few different things before you find the one that is best for you. A good doctor won't insist on one thing and not be open to changing it up if it isn't working. I think anywhere from 3-6 months is a good time frame, because anything you do will have an adjustment time. Then, if you've got side effects you don't like, go back to your doctor and try something different.

I tried a few different BC pills before finding one that works for me.

BethM wrote:
I would agree with Jen, you should talk to your doctor to see what might work best for you. You should be aware that one solution isn't right for everyone, so you may need to try a few different things before you find the one that is best for you. A good doctor won't insist on one thing and not be open to changing it up if it isn't working. I think anywhere from 3-6 months is a good time frame, because anything you do will have an adjustment time. Then, if you've got side effects you don't like, go back to your doctor and try something different.

I tried a few different BC pills before finding one that works for me.

Yes this is important, sometimes it takes a few tries of different things to find what works for you best. I tried a few different BC pills before finding the one that works for me and now I'm so relieved and life is good! Some of them can cause unwanted side effects, some don't. A depends on you. So don't give up if the first thing you try or the type of BC you want to use don't suit you - there are lots of options out there and you'll find the right one.

Good luck!

Yep, sometimes people have bad experiences with depo. PERSONALLY.... I used the pill for many many years.....

Latest posts

Back