Mounting a stuffie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gave Cali a stuffed rabbit to play with, it's supposed to be a surrogate rabbit that looks real and I got off binkybunny.com years ago for another bunny that never took to it. Well to my amused shock Cali was quite aggressively mounting it and grooming it, sometimes giving it nips all over. She's a spayed doe living next to but not with a neutered male. Anyway she seems very into that stuffie. Is this healthy normal behaviour? The stuffie may smell like her neighbour chip because they each have access to it when out for playtime. Chip doesn't do much with it.

Neither of my current rabbits do (Whiskey just obsessively licks them and carries them places), but I once had a rabbit who would love to mount balloons like you describe. She would get so disappointed when the popped under her. :laugh:

I bought a realistic stuffed rabbit for my pair, just for entertainment or what have you. They're bonded, neutered, & free-range.

My female loves to groom it, sometimes excessively. The male gooms it occasionally as well, which is surprising -- he runs the house, and is always the groomee, not groomer.

They've both nipped at it as well, sometimes munching on its ears. It's a stuffed lop, whereas my buns are normal-eared; maybe they're drawn to that peculier anatomical aspect of the stuffie.

I've not seen mounting behavior, though.

DSCF0706.jpg

Latest posts

Back