AJ's behaviors that are baffling me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
Hi all.

Mr AJ is living up to his third name lately and I am pretty sure why. But the one big thing he's been doing is puzzling me. He was out last night and all of a sudden he just started digging and fluffing/biting my pillow nonstop and like I've never seen before. Even when I tapped him on the bum it didn't stop him. I am "assuming" he was mad that his bedtime was later normal but he was ok one second then tereor bun the next.

AJ also has a LOVE of licking me, my bed, my pillow. He is usually let out to play on my bed with supervision. Is this licking of my bed and pillow ok? I don't mind me because I know I'm clean but my bed is ground 1 for all 3 of us during the day (me my dog and AJ) my bed is my couch also as I live in a 1 room apartment

On a cuter note AJ has been more loveable but not snuggable he likes to be pet and loved more in his cage than out with me and possibly my dog on the bed.

There are other things but I can't think of them right now

The digging at the pillow thing might also have been just a playful exercise type thing (think of cats scratching furniture to sharpen claws/ stretch tired back and shoulder muscles). Rabbits (at least in my head) are full of extremes- binkying one minute, flopped asleep the next. That sounds pretty normal to me.

I wouldn't worry about liking the bed/ pillow much either. While zoonotic diseases are a potential, it doesn't seem that likely. I would NOT let him drink out of the dog's water bowl or anything, but licking the same area that the dog lays etc. is fine.

Ravenous.

Definitely sounds like AJ! one extreme to the other. He'll be what seems to be nice and calm one minute and the next he's digging at me or the bed or running for his cage.

He's only allowed on my bed and in his cage as I am not the best house keeper :-( but he seems happy with that since he's so small. 2 pounds 1 ounce when i weighed him today. :)

His favorite "game" is nudge mom and when I reach to pet him he goes just out of reach or up to his cage door like Ha Ha. You didn't get me! Lol. It's cute but not when you really want to pet him lol and I don't want to "force" him to do anything all the time.

Latest posts

Back