Hello from Kimchi and Mark and Carla!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Wanted to post a little introduction of ourselves and Kimchi, our dwarf bunny.

I have tons of great pictures of her, but I'll have to post them from home - I am at the office now. :)

Per the welcome email from the forum, I created a Rabbit Registry entry:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/rabbits/kimchi-1071.html

You can read about how we came to have Kimchi there, and see a picture. It's a bit of a funny story, but we couldn't be happier! My wife had rabbits growing up in Chile, but I only had hamsters myself as a kid. Now that we have Kimchi, we are thinking "why didn't we get a bunny sooner?" But we are glad that we waited, because now we ended up with Kimchi, and she with us. :)

We believe that she is about 4 months old as of this writing (May 31, 2017). We got her about two months ago now, toward the end of March. We've read up a lot about bunnies and house rabbits, and found a lot of great information online. We purchased a couple of dwarf rabbit books.

I will probably have some general questions, about diet, grooming (nail trimming in particular), and houseplants that may or may not be dangerous to her. We've been ordering alfalfa hay and feeding her that mainly, but have recently started introducing fresh greens such as dandelion greens, kale, and basil. We're encouraged that she is a good eater! She also gets pellets, but sparingly - we kind of think of them as treats (since she gobbles them down like treats!). I know we're supposed to start gradually moving her toward true grass hays, and I will probably start doing that after the next shipment of alfalfa, which should get us close to her being six months of age (the time I read she should start to transition away from pure alfalfa hay).

Also, I should mention: we think she's a female but haven't been able to hold her still long enough to check her gender; the vet had a similar problem when we took her in for her first checkup. So we use "her" and "she" until we know differently! We'll keep "Kimchi" as the name regardless.

Anyway - hello everyone!

What an adorable rabbit!! I just love her coloring. I really wanted a broken fawn pattern but one wasn't available. Lucky you! Welcome to the great world of house rabbits. Best pets ever!!

Latest posts

Back