Pregnancy Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraftingC0D

Reaction score
Hey!
I need some help. About 2 weeks or so, I've bred my Lionhead and palomino bunny. I've noticed that my Lionhead (female) has gotten bigger. Now I've been doing online research saying that they do get pretty grumpy, but what really gets me worried is everytime I open her cage to get her food or pet her she makes these squeaky noises, and everytime I reach for her stomach for feel for the babies she squeaks louder. Another sign was that she would be making a nest, but I'm not sure how the nest would be looking like, so it's really hard to tell.
Any advice or tips to know whether she's pregnant or not is helpful!
Also, if my Lionhead is black and white, and my Palomino Bunny is golden brown what color will the babies be?
Thanks guys I appreciate it if you guys can help out!

A palomino is quite a bit bigger than a lionhead so I'm not sure that was a good idea. When breeding, the buck and doe should be about the same size or the buck a little smaller.

You've probably read that gestation is approx 31 days. Give her a nestbox at day 28 and extra hay to make a nest with. Rabbits don't usually 'show' like people do, and their behavior may or may not change when they're pregnant. Just safe to assume she took. Hopefully, she won't have problems kindling especially if this is her first litter.

A palomino is quite a bit bigger than a lionhead so I'm not sure that was a good idea. When breeding, the buck and doe should be about the same size or the buck a little smaller.

You've probably read that gestation is approx 31 days. Give her a nestbox at day 28 and extra hay to make a nest with. Rabbits don't usually 'show' like people do, and their behavior may or may not change when they're pregnant. Just safe to assume she took. Hopefully, she won't have problems kindling especially if this is her first litter.
Any hints or tips you can give me so I can tell if she's pregnant?

Latest posts

Back