how big do think this bunny is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikamc

Reaction score
My friend sent me this guy looking for a home about a week ago. I sort of have my heart set on some bunnies my rescue group has so I fought the urge but felt bad. Fast forward about a week and my cousins daughters bunny passed (he was about ten or 11). I showed my cousin this guy and she said she'd think about it. a few days ago she told me yes. The cage her bunny was in came with it and was not a good cage so we want to get a new cage. I asked my friend how big the bunny was, I'm guessing 6 pounds. her response was :
"I'm bad at guessing but would say larger than that. He is at least as long and wide as my 10 lb cat and furrier."
I know bunnies are not really comparable in mass to dogs and cats so I wanted to see what you guys might think. I have other .pictures but I think this is the best one to see the bunny compared to a human to give a better idea of size.

bunny.jpg

Hmm, hard to say, I'd probably say about 10 pounds. No more than that. Hope this helps.

we want to get a new cage. idea of size.

What kind of cages are you considering - indoor or out? I don't know your background with rabbits, but rabbits need much larger cages than are sold at pet stores. If you can pick up and carry the cage, then it is more than likely too small.

You might want to take a look at some of the NIC cages, x-pen cages, etc for an idea of size. (Though a few on the thread may be a bit small) I'll look for the link of RO members' cages and attach...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=83446&page=2

Last edited:
Indoor, he will get out of cage time, but space is limited for the cage because it has to go in her daughters room. I guess if we go get him and he is "too big", he'll become our new bunny and we will find her daughter a dwarf bunny.

Latest posts

Back