Indoor Rabbit help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairemccat

Reaction score
I keep my rabbit indoors, in a 2x4 hutch. He gets free run of the room during the day and goes outside for a hour. I'm just wondering how I should set up his hutch? Right now I have paper bedding covering the floor and then have his litter box in the corner and there's newspaper in that. The bedding is messy and a hassle to clean so what can I put there instead? Indoor/outdoor carpet?

You can use almost anything for the floor of the cage, depending on your bunny. I can't use carpet for Bandit because he chews it. I simply have lino flooring laid down on top of his plywood floors. Other people use fleece for the flooring. I wouldn't worry about putting bedding down, a fleece blanket here or there can provide a nice soft spot to lay. Bedding can be confusing for rabbits, and if it's getting soiled, your rabbit is probably just confused about where the litter box is. Take the bedding away from the rest of the cage and your rabbit's litter habits will likely improve.

You can use almost anything for the floor of the cage, depending on your bunny. I can't use carpet for Bandit because he chews it. I simply have lino flooring laid down on top of his plywood floors. Other people use fleece for the flooring. I wouldn't worry about putting bedding down, a fleece blanket here or there can provide a nice soft spot to lay. Bedding can be confusing for rabbits, and if it's getting soiled, your rabbit is probably just confused about where the litter box is. Take the bedding away from the rest of the cage and your rabbit's litter habits will likely improve.

Thank you for your reply! I'll definitely be doing one of those!

Latest posts

Back