I think my kids rabbit hates me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britny

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while, I have been very busy with college.
My male lionhead is the sweetest bunny. He loves to cuddle, he puts up with four year olds who dress him up and put him is strollers. He is very tolerant. However, recently he has started attacking me and doing this growling thing. Now mind you he LOVES my twin four year olds. He is over joyed when they play with him and even gets depressed when they aren't home. I think he hates me. I don't know why, I'm his primary care giver lol I'm glad he doesn't attack the kids but why is he attacking me? This has been going on for a while now.

I'm guessing you're the one that cleans out his cage and reaches in to feed him etc? It's quite possible that he's protective of his cage space, and since you're the one that invades it to do those things, you're a threat but your kids aren't. Do you clean it out while he's in the cage? If so, let him out of the cage before cleaning it so that he can't get defensive about it. If you have to fiddle with things while he's in there, try to keep your movements slow and calm, and reward any good behaviour. Sometimes if left unchecked behaviours like that can get worse with time.

How old is the little guy?

Back