Need Help. or have to rehome bunny!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassidylangiano

Reaction score
My bunny hasnt stopped making noise every moring. he rattles the bars on his condo continuously from 4am until 7am the just stops!

I have posted about this in the past and was told to use a water therapy training method. Which i have been trying but its not working.

every time he rattles the bars i squirt him. he hated it the first 2 days now it doesn't bother him.

There is no other room in the house i can put him in and if i cant get him to stop my step dad has said he has to go. I literally have a month to train him not to do this.

I need help. Its causing so many problems. i am falling asleep in work because im staying up with him to let him out so he is quiet because i dont know what else to do!
I let him out for about 3 hours every day. Its the only time i am at home. I cant let him have free range over night because he chews everything!

I cant give him up, i dont know what to do, or why he is doing it.

I tried covering his condo with a blanket, he manages to get that off, i have tried a blackout blind, he is still up. I even stayed up until 1am with him hoping he would sleep through until 7am if i did this, and he was still up at 4am.

He has been fixed and i was told he would mellow out within a month. well its been over a month.

He NEVER did this before he was fixed. but i had to fix him to try to limit the peeing and pooing outside the condo as well as his humping and nipping. all of that bad behavior is gone but now he is being so noisy!

What can i do? Please someone help me... :(

What does he have in his condo to do at night? Is there anything else he could play with? You could try spraying the condo bars with that bitter apple spray (although several people have said their bunnies enjoy the taste, so maybe test on another area first) to try and keep his mouth off.

Sounds like a learned behavior that has nothing to do with a neuter--some just do it. Maybe put a cardboard liner around the hutch at night with an open top--if it fits snug enough it may deaden the racket or discourage him from doing it.:pullhair:

He has a wooden arch he can chew. A hanging chew toy. And a wooden ball thing. As well as willow things attached to the bars. I'm going to look at a 2 tier wooden outdoor hutch that I will put in my room if it's big enough for him.... That way he can't chew the bars as there are none. Just mesh...

Just can't really afford it if I'm honest. I'm kind of having to put his needs before my car. So I am having to leave my car at the garage for another week :/

A few things you can try. A larger cage if he's in a small one. Attaching an xpen around his cage so he can run around in it at night. Rabbit proofing your room so he can free range at night without risk of anything being chewed or destroyed.

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/exercise-pens/cat-36-catid-100107

I would try a carboard box in there as well with a hole cut into it, Bandit loves destroying cardboard boxes, but he really doesn't chew on many harder things. So a different texture might provide a different distraction.

Otherwise, JBun has some good suggestions about either bunny proofing your room, or setting up an x-pen. With the x-pen however, he may still rattle the bars of that.

Thank you everyone I got him a larger wooden hutch to put in my room so he's much happier with a lot more space and I got a full 7 hours sleep last night!

Only problem is iv now notice he may have mites. I'm taking him to the vet this evening, but he lost a patch of fur on his nose yesterday and has agony scab in his ear, xxx

That's fantastic to hear that the new hutch worked! :D I'm so happy for you guys, I can't imagine having to give up Bandit. Best of luck with the vet visit, hopefully it's easily treated :)

He has mites :( poor baby... He's so much happier in his house. I was heartbroken over the thought of giving him up. I'd rather live in my car with him than given him up haha he's my life!

Back