This rabbit is driving me mad!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcfan23

Reaction score
Just found him covered in his own pee!!!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403127057.285049.jpg

Right after the brat bites the crap out of me!!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1403127135.132217.jpg

Is this defiantly hormones!?

Is your rabbit a male and is he/she neutered?

Yes he's male. Ive been saving money to get him and my female fixed (they aren't together) but a lot of people are telling me to just get rid of him the fixing wont help.

Once you get them spayed or neutered, I would recommend watching some YouTube videos called 'Howcast' on how to deal with an aggressive rabbits etc (not that I am saying you are a bad owner because I have never seen you do if before) because I have learnt a lot from it all.

I think getting him fixed will help; male rabbits who haven't been neutered are always very aggressive and hard to get along with. Getting him done will improve his behaviour a lot although if you do decide to get him fixed you need to slowly build up a relationship with the rabbit.

That all sound doable. Just gotta get the money quick before he takes off my whole hand!

My female rabbit was a bit aggressive, she never bit me but she did charge, grunt, and box at me. Fixing her def. helped but I had to build a relationship with her. I had to gain her trust first. She was an abuse case. It took hard work but I can pet her now without her freaking out. It is worth the work, I promise.

I think getting him fixed will help; male rabbits who haven't been neutered are always very aggressive and hard to get along with. Getting him done will improve his behaviour a lot although if you do decide to get him fixed you need to slowly build up a relationship with the rabbit.

Not true.

Neutering does not always change the behaviour of a rabbit because I had a badly tempered rabbit for over 11 years who was neutered at a year old - made no difference, whereas I have an 8 month old buck who has recently been neutered and he's always been friendly and sweet, and I've had him 3 months so far.

I also have two bucks that haven't been neutered. Henry is about 2 and a half, and Winston is about a year and a half, both have beautiful temperaments. Neither have ever shown aggressive behaviour towards me or my family.

Some badly behaved rabbits are that way because of a variety of reasons; it's not always hormones. Sometimes it can be poor breeding, or it could be that he senses a non-spayed doe is near and he's frustrated.

Not true.

Neutering does not always change the behaviour of a rabbit because I had a badly tempered rabbit for over 11 years who was neutered at a year old - made no difference, whereas I have an 8 month old buck who has recently been neutered and he's always been friendly and sweet, and I've had him 3 months so far.

I also have two bucks that haven't been neutered. Henry is about 2 and a half, and Winston is about a year and a half, both have beautiful temperaments. Neither have ever shown aggressive behaviour towards me or my family.

Some badly behaved rabbits are that way because of a variety of reasons; it's not always hormones. Sometimes it can be poor breeding, or it could be that he senses a non-spayed doe is near and he's frustrated.

Ive heard a lot about the female thing. When we got him the people who gave him to us said he was friendly and i was able to pet him or hold him with no problem and it just progressively got worse and I've hear a lot that it could just be him smelling my un spayed female

It's worked with my male rabbit because it removes the hormones

Latest posts

Back