rabbit from baby to teen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jude

Reaction score
when does a rabbit become teen and stop being a baby ?
and is true that dealing with a teenage rabbit is like dealing with a teenage human? they would act differently and be rebellious?

I believe it is around 4 - 6 months that they reach puberty :)

I've had a few bunnies that don't change much, but I've had others that have gone through a complete personality flip.

Rabbit teenage years are the worst, they're personality completely change. My bun started lunging at anything that moved and her litter habits completely went.

My rabbits hit bunny puberty at around 1 years old. It changes in rabbits, just like humans. Not only is it a pain to clean up, but they will be brats for a while. My one rabbit was acting very aggressive towards my other rabbit for that time period. She was nasty towards me too, which was very unusual. So yes, in a way dealing with teenage rabbits is a lot like dealing with teenagers. The behavior passes quickly though, so don't get worried.

Thank you guys hopefully she doesnt go through major personality differences

Every bunny has their own personality. My bunny's personality did change a bit. Nothing major though. She would honk at me for my attention and, started humping things :/. She was a bit more rebellious and sassy lol. But, never aggressive.

The onset of hormones is typically between 4 and 7 months of age. So a rabbit may start showing hormonal symptoms as early as 4 months or as late as 7 months. The giant breeds take longer to grow, so that period may be extended.

Hormones are a funny thing. Some rabbits seem to be barely affected, while others are severely affected. Potential hormonal signs include grumpiness, aggression, lunging, growling, biting, spraying urine, circling and forgetting litter habits.

For females, it is a particularly good idea to spay them as soon as they are old enough. This will rid them of those hormones, greatly reduce the high risk of cancer, and allow for potential bonding with another rabbit in the future.

A rabbit's true personality (adult personality) often has little to do with its personality before hormones or as a baby.

Yeah, it's different with each rabbit (like with each teenage human ^^). Aki didn't change much and I didn't see any sign that she was not a baby anymore, except for one phantom pregnancy around 9 months (which is when I got her spayed) and she is 6 years old, now XD. On the other hand, Pandora became quite unbearable with Aki, trying to mount her constantly and chasing her. It stopped as soon as the spaying occured. The worst yet was Tybalt, who was all pretty and cuddly and became a MONSTER when he turned 4 month old. He was spraying pee everywhere, became an escape artist (I found him CLIMBING on furniture), destroyed my stuffs, made a racket at night and I just wanted to strangle him. It stopped on the very day he was neutered (well, he DID pee on my sister's favorite cushion when we came back from the vet, but it was the last time he ever peed outside of the litterbox).
Outside from the hormone thing, my rabbits personality didnt' change much from the time they were babies, though : Aki is a distrustsful neat-freak who will never eat something new before she has seen another rabbit eat it (and survive ^^) ; Pandora was the nicest of rabbits, loved to move things around, scared of highs and madly in love with Aki until the end ; Tybalt is a pig who won't ever wash correctly (Aki gets disgusted with him and wash his feet sometimes, even though she's the top rabbit), lazy and not scared of anything. They all had those traits when they were two months old and kept them as adults.

Thumper was a cuddly bunny as a baby. When turned a teen when he was about 7 months old, he was still very affectionate and cuddly (only with mama). But after he was neutered he no longer enjoys being picked up but would still find and nudge me to pet him and give bun y kisses

The onset of hormones is typically between 4 and 7 months of age. So a rabbit may start showing hormonal symptoms as early as 4 months or as late as 7 months. The giant breeds take longer to grow, so that period may be extended.

Hormones are a funny thing. Some rabbits seem to be barely affected, while others are severely affected. Potential hormonal signs include grumpiness, aggression, lunging, growling, biting, spraying urine, circling and forgetting litter habits.

For females, it is a particularly good idea to spay them as soon as they are old enough. This will rid them of those hormones, greatly reduce the high risk of cancer, and allow for potential bonding with another rabbit in the future.

A rabbit's true personality (adult personality) often has little to do with its personality before hormones or as a baby.

Best answer evet? Thank u so much so helpful

Yeah, it's different with each rabbit (like with each teenage human ^^). Aki didn't change much and I didn't see any sign that she was not a baby anymore, except for one phantom pregnancy around 9 months (which is when I got her spayed) and she is 6 years old, now XD. On the other hand, Pandora became quite unbearable with Aki, trying to mount her constantly and chasing her. It stopped as soon as the spaying occured. The worst yet was Tybalt, who was all pretty and cuddly and became a MONSTER when he turned 4 month old. He was spraying pee everywhere, became an escape artist (I found him CLIMBING on furniture), destroyed my stuffs, made a racket at night and I just wanted to strangle him. It stopped on the very day he was neutered (well, he DID pee on my sister's favorite cushion when we came back from the vet, but it was the last time he ever peed outside of the litterbox).
Outside from the hormone thing, my rabbits personality didnt' change much from the time they were babies, though : Aki is a distrustsful neat-freak who will never eat something new before she has seen another rabbit eat it (and survive ^^) ; Pandora was the nicest of rabbits, loved to move things around, scared of highs and madly in love with Aki until the end ; Tybalt is a pig who won't ever wash correctly (Aki gets disgusted with him and wash his feet sometimes, even though she's the top rabbit), lazy and not scared of anything. They all had those traits when they were two months old and kept them as adults.

Hahhaha what a nice variety, hope they are doing great

Back