Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > shreading

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
__DD__
__DD__

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default shreading

My bunny is shredding his fur, for the spring ( and the weather is warming a bit) which is fine in itself, but he has become incredibly cranky about it. I'm trying to brush out his old fur with a tooth brush, which he isn't too amused about, I try to stroke him, and he isn't amused about that.
He does tend to still come over by my desk and sit by me whilst i'm on the computer, or lay down next to the sofa when i'm on there, he also (har!) likes to take treats from me. Is it normal for buns to get this grumpy?
He does look like he's been in a fur fight, but his new fur looks splendid and shiny, his old a bit worse for wear.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
stevesmum
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 239 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Yes I have definitely noticed that a good moult will often make some rabbits grouchy. Not all though! But it doesn't make the process more fun, that's for sure.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
LadyBug101
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Yes, just like other animals, rabbits can get grumpy all of a sudden sometimes. But, luckely, it is common for rabbits to get annoyed during malting time.