Petstore Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
I saw the sweetest little Dutch Rabbit at thepetshop today. I went over to it and it had a wet nose with greenishclear discharge. I went to pick it up and it just sat there...when Ipicked her(just guessing its female) up and she was pretty limpfeeling. So I brough one of the petstore people over and she went andgot GLOVES! and picked up the bunny, I dont think she knew anythingabout rabbits but anyways...I asked if they had any vitamins oranything that I could give her...she didnt know. So I went down to therabbit section and I found the vitamin drops so I took them to her andshe put some in the water, but then I had to leave. What should I dofor the bunny? I wanted to buy her but I just couln't. She was $34.99but I just have too many rabbits right now. HELP.

i would keep going back just to check up on it. and make sure that they are doing everything right. goodluck with her!

i would call the animal rights or humaine soceitythey are not properly taking care of there animals and thats againstthe law. you could even call your local news and tell them.

sara

going into the pet store makes me so sad thesedays! Pet stores just don't seem to know anything about theanimals they have! it makes me so mad!! One of the pet storeshere still uses cedar bedding for all of the small animals. and lastweek I was in the pet store buying rabbit food and a woman came in witha rabbit and all the clerks were gathered around ohhhing and ahhing andthe lady with the rabbit asked the clerks if they knew what a good andsafe thing for her rabbit to chew on would be, and you know what theytold her? This bedding stuff called fluff!!!! made me somad!! I actually spoke up (which is so unlike me) and toldher it may not be her best choice as it could cause a blockage and theyreally need something hard to chew on etc... but it makes me rethinkthe age old question...why do they sell animals if they do not knowanything about them?????? ok, sorry off my soapboxnow!!! Tracy

What did the animal shelter do. It sounds likethe rabbit has a cold, probably from being too stressed. The petstorerealy needs to get the rabbit off the floor and into isolation. Theyshould have a place for that. I believe every petstore is soppose tohave one. (could be wrong on that but I think that I am right.) Theyshould have a vet on call. I would make sure that one of the managersknows too because it sounds like if the person said I dont know thatthey are probably not (more like hopefully not) the person on hand tohelp people and animals and so probably would of just shrugged theirshoulders at you and went on with their day not telling their boss outof fear that they would think they were doing something wrong orsomething. I would act all formal too and ask that the animal see theirvet. And then follow through by getting the persons name and call backto see that the rabbit saw the vet, that is if you are concerned thatit is a life or death situation, or in need of actual vet care.

I hope that this helps. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back