New Zealand

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Sr. Bucks - 8 months of age and over, weight 9-11 lbs. Ideal weight 10 lbs.
Sr. Does - 8 months of age and over, weight 10-12 lbs. Ideal weight 11 lbs.
Int. Bucks - 6-8 months of age, not over 10 lbs.
Int. Does - 6-8 months of age, not over 11 lbs.
Jr. Bucks & Does - under 6 months of age, not over 9 lbs. Min weight 4 1/2 lbs.
Pre-Jr. Bucks & Does - under 3 months of age, not over 6 lbs.

Varieties: black, red, white

Picture From-http://www.freewebs.com/blueribbonrabbitry/index.htm

REW

This is my Sr. New Zealand buck. He got second place as a 6/8 at our 4-H fair. He got disqualified at the Indiana State Convention for being underweight. Some of the comments he got were that he had good type and good hindquarters.

He has a good topline, although his high point could be a little further back, and I would like to see his shoulders start higher.

PH737betterpictureresized.jpg

This is a Jr. Doe (she will be six months old in a week). She has not been showed yet, but I hope to show her next weekend. Her father is the buck shown above. Her mother died of unknown causes when she was 4 1/2 weeks old.

She is in most ways a nice, well-filled-out rabbit, but her shoulders look bad in this picture. Maybe she was setting wrong. If anybody has anything else to say about her, I would like to hear it. Thanks.

And for all y'all that think big bunnies are lazy, here's a binky shot of Oberon.
100_2670a.jpg

100_2664a.jpg

What a NZ looks like standing up. I have the hardest timefiguring out what rabbits in show poses actually look like in reallife.:)

I have no idea how he compares to a show quality bun and he wasoriginally sold as snake food. He does have slight splay legwhich might be due to the lack of exercise at the shelter.

Back