Rabbits Online > FORUM BUSINESS > Introductions > Is it okay that my rabbits are fighting?

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #11
Stinkerbunnies

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thank you so much for all you advice. In response to blue eyes, we don't know. We just got them together and we're told they were neutered. I do know that they are both two ish. They used to get along, then chan started to attack big wig. They figured out it was dominance. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

RavenousDragon Likes This 
Old 01-14-2018, 01:29 AM   #12
RavenousDragon

Liked 215 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 532

It sounds like you are in quite a sticky situation. I'd try separating them ENTIRELY (separate rooms etc.) and let them forget about each other and try again. You may also check to ensure they are neutered (if they let you, flip them over and look for testes-- they are pretty obvious on adult rabbits, thankfully). Keep us updated on how they are doing!

I use the type of litter you are describing in litter boxes and line the bottom level of my buns' cages with newspaper (which sits on top of linoleum) to help absorb any spilled water, missed litter box mess, etc. But that seems to make it easier for me (the rest of their cage is carpeted and lined with memory foam dog beds) to clean regularly, it's not necessary for them.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #13
JBun
Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
RABBIT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1181 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Since you were only told they were neutered and not something you had done yourself, like RavenousDragon suggested, it would be a good idea to check both boys to make sure the neutering did in fact happen. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of someone being told the rabbit they were getting was fixed and ended up not being the case.

If you haven't ever done this before, this link shows you what to look for if your rabbit is intact. There will be sacks on each side of the genitals if your boys aren't neutered, though do note that intact males can sometimes suck their testicles up making it difficult to tell. If they are neutered, the sacks will be gone, but you should still verify they are in fact boys and not two girls. If you can't figure it out, there's always taking them to a rabbit savvy vet for a general check up verifying their gender, and checking if they are neutered/spayed.
http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/educati...-your-rabbits/

Old 01-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #14
Stinkerbunnies

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Wig know they were nurtured, and we have seen that they were intact neutered. Whenever one of them is running around and the other is their cage, they'll go over to them. The one in the cage will follow, and they'll sniff each other. Their both boys, and we think they might even be brothers. Is it traditional for brothers to fight more than strangers? Sorry I haven't posted in do long. Their both happy bunnies. Big Wig tends to chew more, and I now have holes in my pillow cases, comforter, and towels. Chan, however, loves to dig more when he gets anxious. Thanks so much for all y information. I'll keep you guys informed.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #15
Blue eyes

Liked 723 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbunnies View Post
Wig know they were nurtured, and we have seen that they were intact neutered.
Uh.. can you explain this sentence? Are they neutered or are they intact? They cannot be both.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #16
Stinkerbunnies

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Sorry, I meanr to say they were actually nuetered. I'm so sorry, im not good at spelling.