Help! First time rabbit owner looking for breed.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missnibblesmama

Reaction score
I have been looking at breeds and she seems like a Havana but I'm not sure. She has a super soft medium length coat. Here are photos. I'm so happy with this little girl I just want some more information about her.

20171209_135328.jpg

20171209_135423.jpg

20171209_135210.jpg

20171209_135121.jpg

if she didn't come with papers OR from a breeder who knows their breed, then it's anyone's guess. To me she looks like a generic small-medium breed mutt. :) Doesn't look like a havana at all.

Rabbits breeds don't really matter. Rabbits have been bred only for their fur for centuries so there is little difference between them character and care wise - they are all pretty close to their wild cousins. Your rabbit doesn't look like a Havana, who are big rabbits (over 3 kilos) with long ears. Like ladysown said, if she doesn't come from a real breeder (one who does only a few breeds and who showed you the parents) chances are she is a mutt - with the plush coat she has, she could be a lionhead mix or have an angora in her ancestors. She's very cute, it's all that matters ^^

Well I'm inexperienced first time owner with no help as far as breed but she's so gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back