Cole is neutered Post-OP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colebunbun

Reaction score
Well Cole is now clipped, and has been home for about......5+ hours now. I can't state in this thread but who I went to was awesome right down to telling me to feed him before I brought him. They are great price for this area too but ahem LESS on that topic ;):wiggle

SO far he has eaten, drank water, pooped, not peed yet though, I am hoping his treat of celery and water will do that. He doesn't hop on my furniture....yet but he does periscope as a general rule, I have never had him jump up into anything. Not sure why? Anyway I can get SOOO distracted

HOWEVER, he is licking the spot a lot, nibbling a bit so it's every few minutes that I have to go over to him and prevent that. I wasn't told that licking was bad only biting it. Any way to prevent that?:weee:

Did they give you pain meds to give him, maybe some meloxicam? That may help some if it's time to give him his dose and it's starting to feel a bit painful. Otherwise, you will probably just have to keep a close eye on him. Usually a soft or hard cone is used to prevent them from messing with the incision when they don't leave it alone, but I do know of people that have used newborn baby shirts, pet shirts, or even tube socks with holes cut in as a shirt, that has successfully prevented their buns from messing with the incisions, but then you would still need to keep an eye on your bun to make sure he doesn't try and chew through the shirt.

Yeah the vet didn't give us anything to take home. I did wind up putting on one of the shirts I got for him, and he hasn't actually worn but it was washed so no "new" smell. It's cotton and says "Prince" I am admittedly worried about him overheating with it, but if others have had those other things things on pet shirts like I did then it should be ok. So I will do that until he heals up, My bun is pretty good about not chewing things too much anyway, he prefers digging, always does it to his bedding. here goes nothing!

ok so update: Cole was fine in his shirt(it was cotton) and after that, he didn't touch his sutures again. I was able to take off his shirt roughly midday the next day, and he has been fine ever since oh and one more good update no accidents on the carpet again!, he has went straight to his litter boxes both in his cage and in the LR! A few poops near it, but not too bad in all honesty. He is licking me again, does his binkies, and even flops near me, he won't get in my lap but meh I'm not too concerned, he never did really. He does do the CUTEST thing near me though, he will flop and roll onto his back for a minute, wiggling his front paws before rolling back onto his side again. It's SO cute! He does like sticking near me though in point of fact he is near his greens plate near my feet happily chomping away!

Latest posts

Back