Dog walker saves rabbits from being thrown in the river

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This woman had a special gift to be able to rescue these poor bunnies. It also took great courage as she did not know if this person would have hurt her. Someone who can kill an animal can also kill a human.

This is probably not as bad as the ceaseless hell that rabbits that are raised for meat must endure. It is also horribly cruel, when people who can no longer care for their rabbits give them to breeders and meat farmers. Nothing is more sad than to see a pair of domestic pet rabbits living in constant terror trying to comfort and protect themselves while they await their horrible fate. Rabbits know when they are going to be killed because they can hear the cries and smell the blood of other rabbits. I hate breeders and rabbit meat farmers. Unfortunately, these cretins operate in suburban neighborhoods where they draw rough and sometimes dangerous people into the neighborhood. If you see rabbits kept in hutches and they are often without food or water, and left out on the coldest and hottest days, and you see boxes and tools of slaughter, you know they are being kept for food. You can however call the local humane society if there is one, and report these cretins for animal cruelty. Many breeders are not licensed and are not paying taxes on their blood money. Report these bastards.

I am very pro-shelter animal (my three current pets were euthanasia row animals) but NOT all breeders (nor most) are evil or deserve to be hated. Further, how is raising your own rabbits for meat any different from raising your own chickens? And why would a breeder or meat rabbit operation leave rabbits without food or water- isn't the point of a meat rabbit to GROW? Sort of need food and water for that. What do you think happens to these animals after the breeding/meat operation is shut down? Most are killed (shelters are already full of animals that actually like people- why fill them with hundreds of 'unadoptables'?). Animal cruelty is NEVER ok, but really how often are these backyard rabbit farms actually cruel? And how is this different from any other meat operation?

Wtf?! Why????????
They could’ve just found them a different home or just have them live free range somewhere. I know a woman who has tame rabbits running free on her property and she just throws vegetables and hay out and they come and eat it up. She also has a garden that they run around in. Sometimes some of them do disappear (probably due to predators), but they’re very happy and fat. They get to be wild but get fed like pets. If I was a bunny I’d love to live there.
It baffles me that people’s last resort always has to be to kill everything.

@LionheadRabbitLover , this thread started over 4 years ago. o_O I see you haven't been on the forum for very long, so just fyi, it is discouraged to post on old posts -- unless it is an update for example, on a rabbit's condition. Might want to be sure to take a peek at the date on the latest post of any thread before posting. :)
Nice to have you on RO.

@LionheadRabbitLover , this thread started over 4 years ago. o_O I see you haven't been on the forum for very long, so just fyi, it is discouraged to post on old posts -- unless it is an update for example, on a rabbit's condition. Might want to be sure to take a peek at the date on the latest post of any thread before posting. :)
Nice to have you on RO.
Oh okay. Sorry, thought it was active.

Latest posts

Back