persuading my new bunnies to let me brush them

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindiwe

Reaction score
I'm the new owner of two young Netherland dwarf-types (had them for just over a week). they are gorgeous but I know I need to brush them once a week (there is definitely an angora gene in them somewhere!), but don't know how to persuade them it's a good thing.

Any thoughts?

I would bribe them with treats. You could try craisins (always a big hit at my house) or cheerios. Give them one when you get started and then see if you can get them to sit still for a few minutes. Brush as much as you can and then give them another craisin when the whole thing is over.

I'm not proud of using treats to bribe, but it usually works. Then if you continue to do the same thing, maybe eventually they will just enjoy spending time with you and you won't have to bribe them.

hahahahahahhah - that may never happen though!

Welcome to the fourm! :wave:

I think they have to get use to you handling them first. Do they like petting? Start out with a soft brush or a Zoom Goom before trying a wire brush or a furminator.

i have never heard of a rabbit who did not want you to brush his hair.
( i have angoras)

Latest posts

Back