Sophie, the bunny who thought she was a cat!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, when Sophie was just a little baby, okay shewas 6 months, but she was still my little baby, she made friends withour then, 1 year old cat Bentley. This was all before we got Parker, sowe think she might have been a little confused on what animal she wasexactly. Well Sophie just LOVED Bentley and would follow him around thehouse just hopping about. Bentley even would get on top of her andwrestle her like two kittens would! And Sophie just layed down and tookit! Well, then one day, she did the cutest thing ever! Bentley jumpedup on the window cile to look outside, and Sophie saw him do it, so shejumped up on the window cile! Now, Bentley doesnt pay much attention toher, because he is always outside, but Sophie has Parker now, soeverything is great!:p

I am amazed at how house pets become friends. OnSat at Petsmart a lady came up to us and said her bunny died last weekat 14 years. She started to cry and said her cat age 9 is greiving sobad and not eating and hiding under the bed and she is afraid shewilllose the cat too. We sent her to the rescue where she picked out amidage rabbit and took it home to the cat. The cat came out sniffed thebun and went back under the bed. She said she got a snack and went intothe bedroom with them to see what would happen. She said the bun hoppedunder the bed and laid down near the cat. This bun was fostered withnumerous cats which was good. She said about 30 minutes later they weregrooming each other. The cat has slowly started to nibble on therabbits salad. Ctas and buns are amazing friends

There was a programme on tv the other night abouta 3 year oldlioness that steals Oryx babies from theirmothers, but doesn't kill them. She just looks afterthem. Unfortunately, because she can't feed them and can'thunt because she's looking after the baby, they both starve and the 3or 4 that she's done this too have starved to death or been caught byother predators because the lioness is too weak to fight them.

It was a really moving programmeand itshowed that even lions can be friends with other species.

The lioness disappeared, but it was thought that she was alone becauseher pack had all been killed. Such a shame for her.She was obviously just lonely and wanted a family of her own.

Yeahif it hadn't been for the rabbitrunning round trying to eat the houseplants distracting me, I'd havebeen in tears too.

Sorry it wasn't about rabbits... I just thought it was interesting.

hahaha...im trying to find put whathouseplants are good for buns...i dont knowif you readthe "toys" post, bu t i want to get a planter & put herbs& things in it for batman...so he can dig in the dirt AND eatthe plants...like a little garden :p

ps. dont apologize!non-bunny stuff is allowed!

LOL that sounds great! I never thought about that!

Mind you I think it'd be "Henry no!!!!" if he ate my herbs!It's taken me about 6 weeks and they're only just producingshoots. It's bad enough that he's torn my miniture treeapart... he likes fighting with it.

But getting a big pot and letting him dig in the compost sounds fab,he's always digging the lino (don't tell the landlord! :shock:) and hedigs his hay, so I might just try that! Cheers for the tip!

:)batman has dug up thecarpet in front of the door-i think mostly because he knows the doorgoes outside. so along with the damage my rats did, ill be paying fornew carpet when i move out. i just keep throwing area rugs down.

I had seen lil grass planter things insome petstores but I'm not sure if they are safe for rabbits. They arecute, small about 6inches x 6 inches or so.. already planted grass thatyou just have to water, kinda reminded me of those chia pet thingysonly without the weird heads lol. :)

~pam

It's weird that, Henry does the same... I think hesmells the air coming in or something and decides he's going to dig hisway through whether the floor likes it or not!We're just looking to buy a house now so hopefully we'll be able tobuild him a big outside run (the pen we built is only about 3' x 5') sohe can dig to his heart's content. :D

i think my mistake was that sometimesif its not too hot, ill leave the door open (it goes into the hallway)as well as the outside door (there are stairs that batmans justlearning to go down so he cant hop off too quickly;))...now i think heknows that the door goes outside. that would be so nice for henry to beable to have free run of the yard!

Latest posts

Back