Weird breathing sound?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

area20

Reaction score
My 4 month old male Holland lop is breathing funny. He is breathing through his nose but it sounds like he needs to blow his nose! That seems as good as I can explain it. He doesn't have a runny nose or seem to be sneezing so I am not sure what to think of it ?

does it sound like a grunting? like I call in the road-runner noise in my bunny. My buck Ripley makes that noise when he's really 'excited' running around me. lol

Good suggestions. I would take a good look in his nose for a foreign object or excess mucus. That is also an age when tooth problems can start to show up, and when hormonal noises start happening. If you can see something, take it out gently if possible. If there's mucus, take him in to the vet.

My rabbit has the same thing! It is'nt loud but when you put your ear close to his nose you can hear slightly squeaky wheeshing sounds and there is no mucus or anything stuck inside!!!

Latest posts

Back