Bunny Boarding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devi

Reaction score
Is there anyone on Vancouver Island (preferred North end Comox, courtnay, Campbell river area) who knows of a place with bunny knowledge that I can board a bunny that is not the vet? But can Board with someone as far south as Nanaimo. I know the boarding will be for around 2 weeks and the vet here wants 20. a day for my bunny to basically sit in a cage till I get back and I think my bunny deserves more than that. Also Someone who knows how to sex a bunny would be great as I would love to know if I have a buck or doe.

Last edited:
Is there anyone that can come in and take care of your bun at home? When we travel, our son brings his four over and stays if it's a long trip or drops by if we're only away for a short time. We baby sit Peanut for larryng here if he's going out of state--done it a couple of times as he had the same post as you a couple of years ago. Rather than see her get boarded at a vet, we offered to watch her-we have six so one more isn't that much work, just have to time manage a little tighter when they get their out of hutch time. Good luck.

The only person who could do it has dogs. And they already warned us that her dogs if given a chance would kill the bunny and while she will take every precaution she can not promise anything. So it warrants finding someone else to bunny watch.

If I wasn't renting I would be happy to do it.
Im still new island wise so not sure of people or places that do bunny sitting... I found a doggy sitter i'm happy with but shes out in Errington.
If you haven't found out what gender your bunny is next time I go north, I would be happy to pop by :)

That would be great Watermelons. But the main reason I'm seeking bunny boarding is I rent and their planning renovations to my place which means lots of dust and noise. And I don't want to put the bunny's health at risk even we have to vacate for the duration due to the stress it would cause our Autistic child.

Don't know if your on your trip yet, but contact your local rescue.

Sometimes they have people who foster who might be willing to pet sit for a fee. I'd personally offer the same fee your vet wants asking that they let your bun out for runs and what not. 20 a day is a GREAT fee. I pet sat for a friend and she gave me 100 for 2 weeks, which is ok because I was doing it for free ;). Make sure you either have them make a contract or you make one. Have it state things like what you would like them to do, when your dropping bun off, when your picking up and any financial information (personally I'd pay half when you drop off and half when you pick up but that's just me).

This is just my 2 cents as a person who has pet sat and recently (possibly) got a pet dumped, though loving the bun don't get me wrong.

While yes 20. is a ok fee. But upon asking around to others who boarded other pets there I find out the animals received little to no exercise out of their cage, and their the only vet that offers boarding for small animals in town. I may have to resort asking the place I got the bunny from if they can board for a few days at least till the renovations are done.

Latest posts

Back