New rabbits meet old rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuchaDutch

Reaction score
Today I took in 2 buck Holland lops, they livetogether in the same cage. But my doe doesn't seem to be reacting verywell. Her cage is seperate, but near their's and she seems to havegotten diareahha. Before they came her stool was fine, and their stoollooks fine, too. Could it possibly be stress? Or did she catchsomething that fast? I'm really concerned about her and need help ASAPso I can call the vet in time if I need to. If you could help me outI'd really appreciate it.

You may want to put more space betweenher cage and thier cage. You can use oats to add some bulk to herpoops. Not instant but the kind you cook, just give it to her straightfrom the container.

You may want to take her pellets away and push lots and lots ofhay. Make sure she is drinking so she doesn't become dehydrated.

She should be back to normal soon. If she still has runny poopsafter treating her for a day or two, or if you notice it's just notgetting any better, or if she gets worse, she'll need to be taken tothe vet right away.

In the mean time keep the new boys away from her.Good Luck and keep us posted.

Tina

It's most likely a stress thing. She's probably just really upset about you bringing in the others.

As Tina said, take away her pellets and any veggies, give her oats andhay. Make sure she is drinking. You could give hera little Pedialyte if you think she's not drinking enough and someNutrical if you have any.

Jen

:)Just a note, you don't add inpellets when a rabbit has diarrhea. The diarrhea could be a sign ofstress induced Enteritis. It's better to give lots of hay and removepellets.

That's what my findings have led me to believe anyways. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me!

Phew, she's fine now. She's always been apampered only child, so they proably came as a huge shock to her. She'smuch much better today. I took away her pellets and gave her TimothyHay over night and that seemed to do the trick.
Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back