Amber is not eating this morning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
Amber hasn't eaten a thing this morning. Shealso has only a few small fecals. It has been less then twelve hourssince she stopped eating, because there were still greens in her cagewhen we went to bed around ten. And this morning there were no moregreens, therefore she must have eaten a little something after ten. Wetried enticing her with pellets, alfalfa, timothy, and apple. She won'teat it. Naturally I am worried about stasis. Do weneed to make a vet's appointment immediately? I do have some petromalton hand, should I try to give her that? Any suggestions on how toentice her to eat?

We just got off the phone with the vet. We have an appointment at 11.

Good Luck....hope it is nothing. Asfor the Petromalt, I usually use a needle-less syringe and gently justput it in their mouth. They usually eat it from there.

Starting her on some canned pumpkin and pineapple juice might not be a bad thing either.

Good luck at the vet and please be sure to keep us posted!

We are leaving for the vet right now. But she iseating a bit of alfalfa and pellets as I write this. We are stilltaking her in, just in case there is a problem.

Oh dear,

I hope everything goes well in the vet's office. Hope nothing is serious.

Prayers to both you & Amber

-Katy

We just got back from the vet's awhile ago andeverything seems to be okay. The vet that she had gut sounds that werea little off kilter, but that we shouldn't be overly concerned. The vetinjected some fluids just in case. She told us that if Amber didn't eattommorow morning we should take her to the emergency clinic. Butsomehow I feel that won't be neccesary because she has eaten a lot morepellets and seems to be almost back to normal. She even pooped a bit.Believe it or not, the vet suggested that maybe Amber stopped eatingbecause she is mad at us. She may sense that we will be going onvacation next week. Go figure!

I have a feeling that she will be fine. The vet is going to call onMonday, and determine if she needs to be seen again. But like I said, Ithink that she will be fine.

I was wondering about the same thing. We alreadytold the caretaker to call us if she poops small fecals, or doesn'tpoop much at all to call us (we showed her what the poop should looklike when she was over the other day. We will only be about 2 1/2 hoursaway from home, so if it is neccesary, we could go back home on shortnotice. We don't leave until thursday, so we have plenty of time tomonitor her eating habbits before we go.

Latest posts

Back