Firework season in the UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivy

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone else's bunnies live outside and how they get on with the fireworks this time of year ? Thanks

Bunnies and fireworks DO NOT MIX. I'm not trying to be forceful or use a nasty tone here. Bunnies, because they are prey animals, are already on high alert, but the loud, sudden noises can cause heart attacks, gut stasis; just in general bad times.

Put them in the garage and turn up the tunes if you're not going to have them indoors. Yes, indoors is preferable; but not everyone feels the same way about this and I am not here to start an argument.

Yes, fireworks season is nigh in ol' Blighty. Keep you buns safe.

I would tend to disagree with that. Yes, fireworks and rabbits can mix IF they're conditioned to noise already. We have 30+ rabbits because we show them. There is no way we can keep them inside. Ours are used to the everyday outside city noises, as well as the lawnmower and weedeater when we cut grass. When it's time for fireworks here, I always go outside and check on ours several times during the evening and none of them are freaking out. We have some high strung Tans and even they do okay. You just need to get your rabbits used to noise and they should be fine.

Okay my buns are used to the lawnmower leaf blower ect as we do it every other weekend we are not doing fireworks ourselves and we have old people on both sides and no1 living at back so it will be only from a distance I don't like brining them in as they find it stressful as they only come in for grooming nail cutting ect they have 6ft double hutch with 24 hour run attached i have made it all winter proof so I'm sure they should be fine but I will check on them all night thanks

I got the warning anout fireworks and rabbits from my HRS chapter e mails. I take their word like gospel.

Trix is okay because she is used to me playing drums, but I am NOT a hard hitter like I was when I had a "1" or "2" as the first number in my age.

The falling embers from fireworks could be a concern, but as long as the rabbits are kept under cover they would be fine. Ours are under a roof so they're protected.

Latest posts

Back