Rattling cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxknite13

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop them from rattling the cage at night? My bunnies likes to do it at 3 am and doesn't stop til I get up. I don't want to feed them to get them thinking that's what time food will be served. When I first got them they would do it every two hours starting from midnight til 6 am. Then I fed them at night before I got to bed (usually around 11 pm) and they only rattle the cage at around 5:30. But last night was when the 3 am rattling started. Is there any way I can make them stop?

Do they have toys to chew on? How often do they get out of their cage? They might just be bored and wanting out.

It's important that you not reward them with food or attention in response to this behavior if you want it to stop. If you have rewarded them in the past they may have learned that rattling their cage gets them a late night snack, let out of their cage, etc.

That said, look for other ways to keep them busy. Are they getting plenty of time out of their cage during the day (preferably in the morning and evening when they're naturally most active). Do they have a constant supply of hay? Toys or things they're allowed to destroy to occupy them?

They are out of the cage from when I get home til I go to sleep so they get a good five hours or so in the evening and I usually let them out for an hour in the morning while getting ready. They have a mixture of hay in their tray and sticks and other toys to play with. And their water bowl is full before I go to bed. I have woken up and told them to stop before. Last night when they woke me up I just plug in m earphones and when back to sleep once I was sure they weren't hurt or any thing.

Latest posts

Back